MA RS6....wow!

scene

Glad to hear you got your RS6 and that they sound so good pp
emotion-21.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:
Delivered this morning. Contrary to some claims, the Leema has tyrannical grip on the bass; the metal dome tweeter is NOT provoked by the lively Pulse. For the money... fantastic!

That's my lot.

You knew it made sense!

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:o/

WB, PP.

WB indeed PP!

JD - what does o/ denote please?! I thought I was reasonably up with my emoticons (a word I hate!) but this one has passed me by.

scene

JohnDuncan:PP - do you really mean RS6 or do you mean RX6? Didn't you get rid of RS6s already?
No JD, from pp's previous thread "Uninspired by speakers..." he'd heard a pair of RS6's and now nothing else would do...

scene:JohnDuncan:PP - do you really mean RS6 or do you mean RX6? Didn't you get rid of RS6s already? No JD, from pp's previous thread "Uninspired by speakers..." he'd heard a pair of RS6's and now nothing else would do...

Yup, the RS6s will more than suffice for the timebeing. Heavy bass, aggressive tweeter... MYTH! Can be heavy handed with the likes of Kandy LIII, Naim, Rotel... that I've heard. Not so with the Leema: it's scarily taut and fast in the lower frequencies and crisp on top. Far from perfect. The Leema and MAs major on precision, but of course the trade-off is a lack of character.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
PP:

Glad to hear you're back to RS6. From your experience, I can judge what is 640v2 doing to my RS6; need to do justice soon. So, which do you think better suits, A38 or the Leema?

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
That's great news! So glad that you're finding the combination is working for you. Hopefully, you will have a little more to add before the week is out?

vinod_david:PP: Glad to hear you're back to RS6. From your experience, I can judge what is 640v2 doing to my RS6; need to do justice soon. So, which do you think better suits, A38 or the Leema?

Not heard the A38, but if its like other Arcams, presentation-wise, then the FMJ is slightly better synergy-wise. But, in saying that, depends how you prefer the sound: Precision or character or warmth? If the former then Leema is the kiddie, but in terms of a less fluid sound Arcam is perfect.

scene

plastic penguin:
It's a very nice response from everyone, but I've put in enough donkey work over the years (as my posts show), so I'll flit in and out as and when.

Fair dos - enjoy your new setup and I look forward to reading your insightful views as and when.

Thank you people.

Our pleasure - don't be a stranger
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Good to hear you're a happy bunny PP and gather it's been a long journey to get to this point in your set-up, so I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Incidentally, can I ask do they need alot of free space around them in your room (how much space behind them especially) and what size of room are they in ? How do they perform at low volumes also or are they more comfortable belting out music at unfreindly levels...that could be an issue in my domestic arrangement !!! Keep us posted when you can drag yourself away please !!!

would love to hear your insighful comments...thanx

ricardo65:

Good to hear you're a happy bunny PP and gather it's been a long journey to get to this point in your set-up, so I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Incidentally, can I ask do they need alot of free space around them in your room (how much space behind them especially) and what size of room are they in ? How do they perform at low volumes also or are they more comfortable belting out music at unfreindly levels...that could be an issue in my domestic arrangement !!! Keep us posted when you can drag yourself away please !!!

No, they don't need a lot of room to work at their best. My living room is 17' x 13' and they are firing across the 13' part, approx 8" from the wall and they sound sublime. When it comes to less than perfect room topography, the RS6s are fabulous. Put in another way: When I tested PMC DB1is last year they needed at least 12" to work at their best.

I've had them just about a day and the only criticism I can really aim at them (and it's being really picky) is they could do with a tad more warmth in the mid range. That said, the bass is like nothing I've heard before, certainly in my house, and the information the Leema/MA combo throws out is stonking.

Ah, low volume is great too. At the moment I'm working from home, the music is minimum and talking to prospects is a pleasure: generating new business and good music in the background. What more could I ask?
emotion-2.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin:ricardo65:

No, they don't need a lot of room to work at their best. My living room is 17' x 13' and they are firing across the 13' part, approx 8" from the wall and they sound sublime. When it comes to less than perfect room topography, the RS6s are fabulous. Put in another way: When I tested PMC DB1is last year they needed at least 12" to work at their best.

I've had them just about a day and the only criticism I can really aim at them (and it's being really picky) is they could do with a tad more warmth in the mid range. That said, the bass is like nothing I've heard before, certainly in my house, and the information the Leema/MA combo throws out is stonking.

Ah, low volume is great too. At the moment I'm working from home, the music is minimum and talking to prospects is a pleasure: generating new business and good music in the background. What more could I ask?
emotion-2.gif

A tad more warmth in the midrange?

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
drummerman:plastic penguin:ricardo65:

emotion-2.gif

A tad more warmth in the midrange?

May I suggest some tealights?
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts