Ma rs6 to upgrade or not to upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all been looking at monitor audios rs6 speakers seen to good prices for them being the older model ,would they be a good upgrade over my kef iq5 se I have at the mo ,been reading lots of pros and cons about them but not sure ,do they really need a lot of free area around them , would they sound much better than my kefs ,will be using a marantz 6002 amp.

46 3d Samsung tv /kef iq5 se /iq6c /iq1 /650 Cambridge audio bd /6002 marantz amp /Yamaha 757 / atlas hyper 2.0 , qed and chord wires /sky hd /Xbox 360.

A

Anonymous

I would keep your fine kefs and buy a better amp, the rs6's maybe different to your kefs, i doubt there much better though.

A

Anonymous

The RS6's are great speakers but the Marantz amp wont get the best out of them at all... They need a good amp behind them for them to sound at their best. The Marantz is/was a good amp but its a budget amp with decent midrange speakers and sometimes that just doesnt work well

I think the Marantz goes better with the KEF's so I'd stick with that set unless you're prepared to upgrade the amp as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts