MA BR2 Placement

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have MA BR2's on sounsdtyle stands, but am unsure of the placement restrictions. I have them about 8cm from the rear walls, and about 10cm against a side wall (this is far from ideal). The GF doesn't want them sticking out into the room, so I have a small scope to play with, she likes to listen to them, but not the look of them!! (Pain in the a$$ I know)

Can you let me know if I should pull them forward from the back wall etc. The side wall is an alcove, so it only sticks out about 30cm infornt of the speaker and there is not much of an option to move it, unless the GF goes......

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Depends really, are you happy with how they sound? If they are a little boomy, then by all means move them out a bit - might give a slightly more defined soundstage. The dealer I heard them at recently recommended a minimum of 30cm from each wall...

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Get her one of those cooling eye-mask things as a treat. Then put it on her whenever you want to listen to music (and then sneakily bump the speakers out a foot or so
emotion-1.gif
)!!!

A

Anonymous

They do sound a bit boomy, so put the bungs in the bass port. Might buy her a box to put over her head, then she can listen to the music and I can put the speakers where ever I want....

A

Anonymous

with mine i find the proximity of the speakers to the side walls makes alot greater difference than to the rear wall, i have mine atleast 50cm from side and about 30 from rear

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts