MA Apex v XTZ 99.26

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just purchased a Pioneer LX83 and have been extensively researching a set of speakers to buy next,i have settled on either the MA Apex system or 5 x XTZ 99.26 and a BK Monolith sub all in white,The Apex speakers have for me a better finished and simply look stunning,(having seen them in person),the XTZ speakers i have only seen photos,so not sure what they really look like in person also,are the XTZ speakers in white a matt finish or gloss !!!,also same goes for the Monolith,also as daft as it may sound XTZ do not have white stands to match,i could put substance over style if there is a big difference in sound quality,so off course the big question is PERFORMANCE,correct me please if i am wrong,but from what i have read on this forum and elsewhere,i think there will be a substantial difference with the latter set up,i play films and music in equal part,the price of both set-ups is about the same here in Lisbon where i live,so thats not an issue,any answers/advice greatly appreciated.

A

Anonymous

I have seen and listened to the Apex systems. I would say their finish and build quality are not that stunning. But sound quality wise, the Apex systems just beat all other stylish satellites I auditioned in a home theater setup. But for music, the Apex speakers do not sound as good as their bookshelf counterparts - the RX speakers.

A

Anonymous

I disagree a little with tiger, I've owned B&W M1s, Radius HD, KEF3005 and Bose, and I've seen a lot of sub-sat systems in these price brackets and I think the build an aesthetics of the Apex are second to none. However, I do agree that they sound sensational for movies, but are slightly piped for music, particularly in the mid range by the RX. I've not heard the ATZ but with ribbon tweeters it may be a close call. I've just bought an SC-LX73 it sounds awesome with the Apex, so I'm sure the 83 will be even better.

A

Anonymous

Hello Mark, well I guess I didn't make my point clear. In the satillite category, I do think the Apex have fairly good build quality (but I don't know if they are second to none since I didn't extensively compare them to all other satillites). I just think the RX speakers have better build quality than the Apex and given the price of the Apex, I would just expect more from them. Well I am be greedy, but who isn't?

A

Anonymous

Hi tiger, yeh I agree that the RX range o/a are better looking, and I would still have mine if the wife did not complain so much. Generally sub sat systems are more expensive to get somewhere near the performance of full range speakers unfortunately. When I was looking a fresh (with out constraints from the mrs) my first choice was the RX, then the only style system that came close was the Apex, I think this reflects your view too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts