M2Tech Young 32/384kHz USB DAC anyone?

mond

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi

Has anyone heard one of these – M2Tech Young 32/384kHz USB DAC? I am particularly interested in how it will perform connected to a pc. There are not many reviews around anywhere yet but I do know they retail at £750.00

cheers.

A

Anonymous

Not heard them, but I'd hope they are a big step up from their overrated HiFace usb converter which I have found a bit disappointing (but I guess you can't expect too much at £100). On wigwamhifi forum there are user reviews as well as a translated review from a german magazine. I assume you've read the review in one of the uk magazines (hifi news?)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I for one have never heard of these other publications of which you speak, I am sure they're just a figment of your imaginination, otherwise you wouldn't dream of mentioning them here in direct contravention of the HOUSE RULES!

A

Anonymous

:D

There's nothing wrong with talking about other magazines. WHF can't cover everything anyway. While I don't subscribe to WHF, i buy it semi-regularly along with HFC, HFN, and subscribe to Hifi+.

Nothing wrong with talking about other forums either :)

House rules only mention touting for trade

A

Anonymous

Altho i strangely notice that writing w-i-g-w-a-m on its own comes out as **. ???

A

Anonymous

I just purchased the M2Tech Young DAC and it is worth every dollar. The way I would describe the improvement is as if you have been watching movies on your expensive TV and the picture to you and all your friends is the best that anyone has seen. A new aqaintance walks in and adjusts the sharpness and the picture becomes clearer and much sharper. The new aqaintance is the M2Tech Young DAC.

I am now listening to all my cd's again and they sound so much better it is as if I had not listened to them before.

My system consists of :-

CEC CD Transport, Naim pre-amp & power amp, Jas-Audio Orior speakers & Red Dawn speaker cable.

garyw77

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Have one of these, absolutely superb!
smiley-smile.gif

The detail it drags up is amazing, especially with the hi-res files of 24/96 and up.
smiley-cool.gif

With up to 32/384 capability through USB, it's superb when using the upsampling in Pure Music.

I would recommend anyone having a listen if you're after a serious, detailed, quality DAC.

Be nice to see WHF do a review on this little magic box?
smiley-wink.gif

garyw77

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Are we likely to see a review on the M2Tech Young DAC at anytime? Been out a while now and reviewed elsewhere... be nice to see what the WHF team make of it? :) ...Think they might be surprised ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts