LP12 transporting advice, what tools are required?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Almost ready to pick up the LP12 I hve been looking to buy.

Could someone please tell me what tools are required to remove the lid and the arm from the deck.

many thanks

A

Anonymous

Can't remember offhand but have a look at the manuals on vinylengine.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Good advice from Grottyash, just remember make sure the deck is powered down for a good while as i think you have to go to the underside of the deck to take the arm off, the voltage can be dangerous depending on power supply. As for tools just some different size allen keys and a couple of philips or posidrive screwdrivers and a flat head for good measure but do go to the vinyl engine, i think there is on the web a site on how to transport and pack an LP12, just google it.

A

Anonymous

The lid just lifts off - no tools required.

I've transported my deck without removing the arm and suffered no ill effects as a result. You must remove the counterweight from the back of the arm though. If you do want to remove the arm, there is a connector that needs to be removed from under the deck - there is usually a grubscrew that needs loosening on the connector for it to come off. Once the arm has been disconnected there is a bolt at the base of the arm mounting on the right hand side as you look at the deck from the front which will need loosening with an allen key to remove the arm.

Before moving the deck, you shoud also remove the outer part of the turntable platter, and either prop up the inner part of the platter with bits of polystyrene, or remove it altogether. If you remove the inner platter, you should wipe any oil off the spindle to prevent dirt sticking to it during transportation, and put the red bearing cap over the top of the bearing hole.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts