Lounge is finished!

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
The lounge/listening room is finally done! Room is about 6x7m. Now all I need is my Oppo.

P1000403.jpg

P1000402.jpg

A

Anonymous

Beatifully co-ordinated and very neat and tidy. How much work went into hiding the cables and how did you do it? Was much re-plastering of walls/sending through the roof space needed?

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
PhilAllen:Beatifully co-ordinated and very neat and tidy. How much work went into hiding the cables and how did you do it? Was much re-plastering of walls/sending through the roof space needed? Thanks (to you and the others). The room previously had a patterned artex ceiling, a hideous brick mantelpiece and an unused fire. The main area of the room was reboarded to hide the artex and the coving renewed. The coving hides the rear speaker cables which are then channeled down the wall. The chimney breast was filled in and extended on the LHS as it was not quite wide enough to take the 5090. The extension has a void which is used to store spare cabling, The cables to the TV go through two diagonal plastic pipes inserted to holes drilled through the original chimney breast and into the void. The RHS spekaer and sub woofer cables are hidden behind the skirting board. The front units were bespoke from a local joiner and include CD & DVD storage as well as a special cupboard for a Nintendo Wii

So a fair bit of work.....

Jonnyhifi

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
It all looks very unobtrusive in what is obviously still a comfortable lounge.

If I may ask is the AV package from the MA series (BR5)? Am shortlisting this for audition and your pics are encouraging.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Jonnyhifi:

It all looks very unobtrusive in what is obviously still a comfortable lounge.

If I may ask is the AV package from the MA series (BR5)? Am shortlisting this for audition and your pics are encouraging.
Monitor Audio, but RS6 not BR5

Jonnyhifi

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Even better ! Yes, I should have paid more attention to the sub which gives it away. Shame (for me) that series has gone. RX6 a tad pricier, slightly out of reach.

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
Can I ask how high from the floor the tv is please as I was thinking of wall mounting ours?. From floor to bottom of tv would fine. Cheers! oh and great set up!

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
northantsbloke34:Can I ask how high from the floor the tv is please as I was thinking of wall mounting ours?. From floor to bottom of tv would fine. Cheers! oh and great set up!
98 cm. Mine is on a tilt & swivel bracket, which has proved very useful. If the TV is vertical, one of the ceiling lights reflects of the top of the screen. A slight downward tilt fixes that.

A

Anonymous

Extremely nice set-up. Is there any reason (apart from because you had to tilt it) you mounted the tv so high i.e. not eye level? Whats feeding the 5090 and what amp are you running?

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
JTD:Extremely nice set-up. Is there any reason (apart from because you had to tilt it) you mounted the tv so high i.e. not eye level? Whats feeding the 5090 and what amp are you running?
Thanks.

I wanted the centre speaker to be at the same height as the top of the L/R speakers. I think it looks better and arguably gives the best sound. The sofa is a fair way from the TV and reasonably high (recliners are usually a bit taller if you are looking for height), so you dont have to strain your neck.

Humax FreeSat PVR and Denon DVD 1920 (Oppo to replace the latter when available)

Onkyo 875

A

Anonymous

Lovely set up, the speakers go very well with the room design, nicely done

A

Anonymous

hammill:
Thanks.

I wanted the centre speaker to be at the same height as the top of the L/R speakers. I think it looks better and arguably gives the best sound. The sofa is a fair way from the TV and reasonably high (recliners are usually a bit taller if you are looking for height), so you dont have to strain your neck.

Humax FreeSat PVR and Denon DVD 1920 (Oppo to replace the latter when available)

Onkyo 875

I see your point. Do the front speakers intergrate any better in your opinion? Oppo will be a huge impovement over the Denon! 875 seems a popular match up with the Monitor Audio RS speakers.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
JTD:hammill:

Thanks.

Onkyo 875

I see your point. Do the front speakers intergrate any better in your opinion? Oppo will be a huge impovement over the Denon! 875 seems a popular match up with the Monitor Audio RS speakers.

Hard to say, as I did not experiment with the centre speaker height in the new setup - it just seemed logical that having the speakers at the same height would be ideal. Previously they were all stuck in one corner, speakers either side of a big CRT with the centre speaker sitting on top, so the sound is now very different.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:Andrew Everard:

hammill:Yes, I think I probably did not make a good job adding the picture.

Pix now sorted...

Grumpy

Is this some sort of obscure Snow White reference or do you like my set up
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

may i ask how you fitted your centre speaker as this is, my next problem at mine!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts