Loudspeaker recommendations

leckagh

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a Cyrus Two (refurbished) amp coupled with a Cyrus CD 6 SE player. I've been using a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers up till now, but would like to upgrade.

I have a very small listening room, so space and speaker placement are both issues. Ideally, the replacement speakers would need to be small and front ported.

Any suggestions?

leckagh

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Generally, I like the sound of the Wharfedales. They have a warmish sound which helps to offset the slight brightness of the Cyrus Two. The only thing is that sometimes they can sound a bit 'tame' and 'polite'

betamale

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I was impressed with the B+W 685 I listened to a while ago. They packed a fair punch, I went a totally different route in the end otherwise they may have found a home.

leckagh:
I have a Cyrus Two (refurbished) amp coupled with a Cyrus CD 6 SE player. I've been using a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers up till now, but would like to upgrade.

I have a very small listening room, so space and speaker placement are both issues. Ideally, the replacement speakers would need to be small and front ported.

Any suggestions?

Hi leckagh

ATC's SCM7 monitors are worth a look. The SCM7's are closed box designs and have a flat and honest presentation which enables the to be used in small room, close to walls or tight spaces without the LF in particular getting itself into a twist.

Dynaudio's superb DM 2/6 (although rear ported) and Rega's RS1 speakers are also worth considering.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

leckagh:

Any suggestions?

Silly suggestion but try the newer Wharfedale 10.1 or the MA RX1.

A

Anonymous

i got my dynaudio dm 2/7s for 600 euro here in ireland so id say you could probably get a pair for £500 in blighty, i think they are brilliant, and you can place them very close to a wall with no problems..

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
leckagh:
Generally, I like the sound of the Wharfedales. They have a warmish sound which helps to offset the slight brightness of the Cyrus Two. The only thing is that sometimes they can sound a bit 'tame' and 'polite'

I'd say try the Monitor Audio RX1 or the KEF Q100 or Q300.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts