Lots of new sub-Forums for you all to get stuck into!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Based on some popular topics (here and elsewhere!), we've just added/updated some of our sub-Forums.

We've added a whole new Smartphones & Tablets sub-Forum, with separate listings for Apple iPhone, iPad, Android. There's already a new thread on Android Apps to check out there...

Our recently added Gaming sub-Forum now has given birth to PS3 and Xbox children. Meet the family!

The popular Home Cinema Forum has also spawned dedicated Blu-ray player and AV receiver offspring.

And remember, if you don't want to go down each Forum one by one, you can get an instant look at all the most recent threads by clicking on the Latest Posts button at the top of the Forums pages.

Please let us know of any other categories you'd like to add; we don't want the list of Forums to spiral out of control, but it'd be great to help you find the discussions you're looking for more easily.

A

Anonymous

Ehm, there's rather a lot to scroll down to find the category you're after. Can the sub categories be hidden until you go into the main category? So for example, "Headphones" and "Turntables" would only be visible when you click into "Hi-Fi"... The same should be applied to Home Cinema, Gaming etc. It would help with not having such a plethora of categories to choose from on the main forum page.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I will look into it, but it rather defeats the object for the person looking to post in a specific category - which is the primary reason people will scroll down. As note, hitting 'latest posts' gets you straight to the heart of the action, while clearly flagging up which category each post is from.

A

Anonymous

Fair point. I suppose it's all about getting the right balance between variety of categories and ease of finding the one you're after... I like the "latest posts" feature though.

Would be great to be able to subscribe to updates on a thread or have some way of flagging a thread to easily find again to check for updates...

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
dougolada said:
Ehm, there's rather a lot to scroll down to find the category you're after. Can the sub categories be hidden until you go into the main category? So for example, "Headphones" and "Turntables" would only be visible when you click into "Hi-Fi"... The same should be applied to Home Cinema, Gaming etc. It would help with not having such a plethora of categories to choose from on the main forum page.

I completely agree. I dont want to be scrolling past 'android' sections and the like, and id imagine many dont want to be scrolling past XBOX etc

Sub cats are fine, but only so long as theyre kept within the main forums

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
aliEnRIK said:
I completely agree. I dont want to be scrolling past 'android' sections and the like, and id imagine many dont want to be scrolling past XBOX etc

Sub cats are fine, but only so long as theyre kept within the main forums

+ another one. It does seem a bit of a trawl.

What about "speakers" subgroup in home cinema section? I think iPhone & iPad can merge under iOS, rather than having two separate sections. Also, questions regarding music streaming goes under computer based music or wifi, why not have a section on "streaming", both audio & video?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I think it depends if the mag is a very general A/V mag or specifically a home cinema and hifi one. If the latter, there are too many forums.

I mean, iPad?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts