Lost with so many options and views - please help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

looking to buy a hi-fi predominantly for music, but will also plug in tv/sky/dvd

been lookin at Mini systems.. denon F107 and Marantz MCR502 but gut is telling me to buy seperates for quality. and also, don't really use CD's any more

because I'm from NZ but living in UK, i want something easy to ship home in a few years, so size is important..

been thinking about Marantz PM6003 Amp - seems to get great reviews everywhere

then considering adding Acoustimass 5 speakers (because of size) which would serve current purpose (alright sound, good size) and potentially make good kitchen/2nd room speakers back home when I'll upgrade to bigger and better system..

Are the acoustimass 5 purely home entertainment system set up? I know there's other threads about them on this site, all pretty negative..but they could be good for kitchen back home in a few years..

how would they work with the Marantz 6003? I have up to about £5/600 total to spend.. used to have nice set of Kefs..

Just really confused about how and what to match up to get good size, ship'ability (back home) and decent quality

many many thanks in advance for any advice

A

Anonymous

Hi.

Marantz is fine, I think. About speakers-I'd choose B&W 685s-they're bookshelves, and their sound will be decent in small living room as well as in kitchen later on.

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
nzskid

I have a Bose Acoustimass 15 speaker system, and think it's tremendous. I'm soon to update and replace almost all my AV equipment but will keep the Bose system. I live in an old cottage and the speakers just disappear into the corners against the beams, the sub is on a shelf up the inglenook and for movies and general TV it sounds great.

I know there are differing views on Bose but for me they provide a perfect blend of form and function.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts