Lost my freeview channels and retune not resolved

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I'm having some problems with my new LG TV, it isn't picking up half the channels it should be.
I've had a brand new aerial recently installed and that seems to be working fine - I have a second TV in my house and that is picking up channels ok, so can't see any problems there.
The LG TV was working fine yesterday evening, then all of a sudden said 'no signal' on the TV guide and all my channels seem to have been wiped.
I have tried an auto search for the channels, but to no avail. It brings some through but not all. This includes terrestrial channels 1 and 2. I have also tried leaving it off a while, but again not helped.

Pretty please can someone help me - any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks! :)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Switch off TV. (Completely off, not just standby). Unplug aerial lead. Power up and switch on TV.

Go to yor settings and do scan for channels. (Obviously it won't find anything but let it complete the scan anyway.)

When complete, switch off/power off again.

Re-connect aerial lead.

Power on/switch on again. Repeat scan.

Hopefully it'll be ok.

A

Anonymous

Massive thank you - I'll give it a go when I get home tonight! :)

A

Anonymous

Hi chebby - I'd just like to say a massive THANK YOU!

Your fix worked a treat...happy viewing once more!

Dasha

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi Chebby, I have the same problem, tv suddenly had "no signal", have tried retuning twice, once got me 8 channels, then 20, now back to 8?

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Dasha

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Dasha said:
Hi Chebby, I have the same problem, tv suddenly had "no signal", have tried retuning twice, once got me 8 channels, then 20, now back to 8?

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Dasha

Have you followed all the steps I gave earlier in the thread exactly? (Not just a re-scan.)

We've all had some bad storms in recent weeks. Is your roof aerial still upright and still pointing the right way? (Sometimes they don't fall over immediately during a storm but some time afterwards having been weakened. It's worth a look if you haven't already.)

What is your local transmtter? Is there any scheduled transmitter engineering going on in your area? Check here...

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/help_and_advice/engineering_works

(13 transmitters have work this week. One might be your area.)

Try entering your postcode on this page too...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/television/

Have any of your neighbours got the same problem? (If so, it's almost certainly a transmitter 'thing' going on.)

Dasha

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Still no joy though. I followed your previous instructions exactly, checked links you sent and there is no work going on, neighbours reception all ok. I get some channels (39) but thats it.

As a complete idiots guide, can you confirm what I am doing is correct then?:

We have communial ariel on the roof that I access through plugging into a socket in the wall.

On the tv Im going to settings - auto-tune - antenna - digital only search, is that all correct? I have option for secam search, should I be using that one?

Many many thanks

SatCure

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Well, I provided a link to the answer - an "idiot's guide" but someone decided you didn't need it.

NOTE from MODS - SatCure - please update your signature as per House Rule 10 (link).

Dasha

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
they were wrong, whats the point of deleting it?? any chance you can send this idiots guide to markedward@hotmail.com?

Tracey

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

since the retune I can not view guide on my tv. I've tried retuning several times since but it hasn't returned. Any suggestions on how to get it back?

please.......

tonikg

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have recently re-tuned my Humax LU-23 Digital TV. It was working perfectly before the re-tune. Other TV's in my house are working well (all on the same aerial and booster). I have tried altering the aerial by moving it approx 12" per adjustment through 90 degrees, but that doesn't work (apart from slight interefrence on other TV's, so it appears that signal strength is good) I have tried switching off, unplugging aerial, tuning, switching off, re-tuning with aerial on and stil no joy. The FAULT is that the TV scans and after 50% appears to acquire channels to a max of about 233 @ 74%. It then loses all and re-scans from around 85% to acquire only 12 @ 100%. So at end of scan I have no channels. Any ideas would be great.........thanks.

rosie8

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Just got my first digital tv, have been watching on computer until now. Couldn't tune for love or money; then voila! your simple instructions , works better than pages and pages in the manual. Genius! thanks so much from a non techie.

IrishRover1

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I have lost 9 channels after retuning my tv. have tried retuning again to get them back. scanning. turning tv off & on still nothing. was working this morning. what should i do

Tried the switch off/unplug aerial/etc - that didn't work.

But there was a setting that said "factory reset" in one of the menus.

I used that, confirmed I was sure and then the TV went back to "just taken out of the box" mode. Tuning went perfectly, all channels back.

Updown

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Trevor Dumbleton said:
Tried the switch off/unplug aerial/etc - that didn't work.

But there was a setting that said "factory reset" in one of the menus.

I used that, confirmed I was sure and then the TV went back to "just taken out of the box" mode. Tuning went perfectly, all channels back.

Thanks for the advice Trevor, this did sort out part of my issue but I could do with a little more advice if possible. I've just bought the Yamaha RX-V677 integrated amp from richer sounds, lovely piece of kit! Hooked up my speakers, Apple TV and Samsung TV. Issue I have is when I try to have the freeview channels on through the Yamaha, It knocks the freeview off and I get the weak no signal screen. As soon as I switch the Amp back off, all the freeview channels reapper? Any help would be hugely appreciated, thanks Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts