Lost Artwork

Fisherking 145

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Just replaced my poorly performing Datavault, with a Synology Ds212j. I copied my iTunes folder over after set up, and remapped a network drive. iTunes is working ok, just a little slower than before, but much of my album artwork is missing. Before the change I think I only had one missing album cover, but now around 25% is missing, which is quite a bit out of 240gig.
Any ideas where they have gone people, and an easy way of getting them back?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Did you consolidate your iTunes library before moving stuff over?

(In iTunes ---> 'File' then 'Library' then 'Organise Library' then select 'Consolidate files.)

This ensures everything you need is in the iTunes folder before moving it between different machines (or drives).

Also remember to ensure that anything subsequently imported to iTunes always has a copy actually in iTunes (rather than just a pointer from iTunes to another folder or location.)

Click 'Edit' then 'Preferences' then 'Advanced' then tick the 'Copy files' box and leave it ticked.

Fisherking 145

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
That sounds more like it Chebby, I didn't do either of those things before I started, though the copy files option was ticked.
I followed What HiFi's guide to mapping a network drive, but when reopening iTunes, it asked me to point it at a library file rather than a folder
I wonder if it has anything to do with the Synology, more of the artwork has started to reappear.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions guys.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts