Lord of the Rings Trilogy Bluray April 10th 2010??

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Morning all,

I noticed this morning that most retailers including Amazon.co.uk are showing April 10th 2010 as the release date for this highly anticipated bluray release. Does anybody know if this is the actual release date or yet another red herring?? I also noticed that the set is the theatrical versions of all 3 movies and not the extended special editions...does that mean a double dip is on the way then with the extended editions coming later or maybe not atall??

A

Anonymous

it will hit the bargain bins just like the dvd release did so id wait until later in the year anyway

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i picked up the extended trilogy for like £14 quid or something - they upscale really well - not sure will buy again on bluray - not really the kind of film you can just sit down and watch any night - big problem with epics

A

Anonymous

Its disappointing that there's going to be two seperate releases once again for these films. I'm sure the majority will wait for the extended editions, i know I will be

A

Anonymous

The plan for the Extended versions I believe is that they're going to be released around the time the first of the Hobbit movies comes to cinema - thus, 2011.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
aliEnRIK:
Im definitely waiting it out for the extended ones

The dvds are such good quality i'll happily live with them for now

Interesting you write that as I was watching mine the other day (on the BD player) and how it could be any better.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Pindi:
Nope, you're all wrong...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a191607/rings-trilogy-headed-to-blu-ray.html

In what respect? It says April 10th and theyre the theatrical versions

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
roger06:aliEnRIK:
Im definitely waiting it out for the extended ones

The dvds are such good quality i'll happily live with them for now

Interesting you write that as I was watching mine the other day (on the BD player) and how it could be any better.

A well done HD version will always be better (And I expect theyll do a VERY fine job of it)

D

Deleted member 2457

Lord of the Rings Available to pre-order on Amazon.co.uk for £49.99.

Who reckons the What Hi Fi Team are on their Christmas Bash Party Tonight?

I can't see any online.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

The 3 DVD's boast a fantastic rich picture quality and I would be very surprised if the Blu Rays significantly exceed that. Granted the sound is likely to be better but that doesn't interest me as much these days as excellent picture quality and of course clear dialogue

Chisy1

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
My plan is to rent this trilogy when its released and see if it is better than the extended edition upscaled DVDs. I suspect it will be. I'm yet to see a good blu-ray not look better than a good upscaled dvd and unlike Tallyho I do enjoy the lossless audio.

Provided I'm happy with the increase in quality I'm going to wait for the Extended Versions to be released before purchasing, hopefully near Christmas or birthday!

If you own the DVD extended version why bother purchasing a shorter blu-ray version. I wonder how many people will eventually own both versions of DVD and both versions of Blu-ray.

TRENDING THREADS