Visit site
With one of these?

F0QYQQJvQB8.jpg

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
As Chebby says, we need more to go on like:

- What is your system

- In particular, what are your speakers, what are they sat on and how are they positioned

- How big is your room and how is it furnished

- Do you have a suspended wooden floor

- Is it always bass light, or recording related

- What genre of music do you listen to

In the absence of info, people had a little light hearted fun.....but give them something to go on, and they are mostly a helpful bunch.

SolarGlider

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Little ridiculous to just post a headline and be disappointed afterwards. If he would of taken the effort to give more information he wouldn't of gotten this behaviour.

adriancc

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok guys, I have to apologise. Did not realise that only the subject came on w/o the contents. And I'm certainly not off in a huff. :cheers:

Here goes, current system - marantz cd6004 + lindemann dac 24/192 + carot one ernestsolo driving a pair of morel solan. My living room is about 4 by 4 not forgetting the area leading to the dining area. On the side is a huge sliding door leading to the balcony. I listen to a wide range of songs from classical to fast tracks.

My problem is a severe laxk of bass. Tried positing the speakers ard the room but it yields no improvement. Eg. Adele's rolling in the deep sounds very flat while vocals were clear. I'm on the verge of swopping out my speakers but damn, the another pair that I'm looking at cost alot more- pmc twenty 24. Do you guys think the changing of speakers is going to help? I do have a sub but that's for 5.1.

P.S. I've also tried using my other marantz Pm6004 instead to drive the morels but still the same results.

Would appreciate any advise.

Thanks again.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes changing your speakers to ones with much bigger bass cones than the 5" of the Morel Solan bookshelves or the 6" of the Morel Solan floorstanders would have a very good chance of giving you more bass.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I have never heard of your kit before, so did a bit of googling.

Amp - 2 x 15W @ 4 Ohms / 2 x 6 W @ 8 Ohms, Class D with Tube pre

Speakers (standmount) - 4 Ohm / 88dB sensitivity

- Your amp is too weedy to drive your 88 dB speakers

- Your speakers are too small for the area and it's off-shoots

- The review I read said the amp was was "bass light as the volume was turned up" and it was only suitable for "a small appartment or office".

Options:

- Get very efficient speakers like those from Audio Note.....but I don't think the amp is worth the effort.

- Get Floorstanding speakers, which really need a better amp as well

- Get a small sub

If you have the budget, I think you need to start again.

Joshuamessenger

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I would say if you want bass with a good speaker the monitor audio RX2 or go to bk for subs !

Ps I think your amp my struggle to power the rx2 but no harm in testing it out In some shops.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts