Looking for good quality used Amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've using a Marantz SR7001 amp for music & movie duties for a few years and it's been pretty good but I decided to dig out my old Cyrus Straight Line amp, Sony CDP715E cd player and Dynaudio Audience 42 speakers and WOW! the difference is amazing! The only problem is that the Cyrus is knackered - Only the CD and tape monitor works and I'm looking for a replacement as it's on it's last legs. I prefer buying pre owned as you can better value and been looking at the Marantz PM7200, PM-66SE KI, Pioneer A-400 and A-A6. I'm looking to spend around £200-250. I tend to listen to stuff like Pat Metheny, Steely Dan, Chromatics, The Crusaders, James Brown and Kraftwerk. Any advice would be greatly apprieciated. ;)

A

Anonymous

If you like the Cyrus so much, you can consider buying a used one that works well. Or patch up your old one:)

A

Anonymous

After reading good things about the amps that I've listed, I was just wondering if it would any of my suggestions would be an upgrade from the Straight Line.

A

Anonymous

I've tried the Dynaudios & Sony with the Marantz receiver and it's decent but not a patch on the Cyrus. I got my old Audiolab 8000C/P back from my brother who has had them for a good several years (he just bought an all-in-one system :oops: . The 8000P's right channel is gone (you can hear the cracking rhythm of a track but that's it). It looks like I may be sending it to the Audio Cellar...

albireo

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
You need a nice high current amp with those Dynaudio. Go for a used Creek Evolution. I used mine to power some Focus 110 with excellent results. They go for ~£250 used and they will beat all the NAD, Marantz,Rotel usual suspects at the price, in my opinion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts