Looking for DAC

tansriloi

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

Looking at a Dac for my Small System. Would love to run a coaxial digital cable from CD player to my Bose sound dock which only accept 3.5mm. Any recommendations. I have got £100- £200 budget. Seen many cheap DAC on eBay but afraid it's not good sound quality. Will any of these Wolfson or Burr Brown chip makes any difference?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
What are you trying to achieve?

Your CD player will have an adequate dac built in, difficuly to see what advantage a separate dac will give you. Improvement in sound quality will be minimal, do you need extra functionality?

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
davedotco said:
What are you trying to achieve?

Your CD player will have an adequate dac built in, difficuly to see what advantage a separate dac will give you. Improvement in sound quality will be minimal, do you need extra functionality?
Well, depends. May be at that price point it may not make much difference. My M-DAC adds a little more drama to the sound from my Oppo105eu

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
tansriloi said:
Hello,

Looking at a Dac for my Small System. Would love to run a coaxial digital cable from CD player to my Bose sound dock which only accept 3.5mm. Any recommendations. I have got £100- £200 budget. Seen many cheap DAC on eBay but afraid it's not good sound quality. Will any of these Wolfson or Burr Brown chip makes any difference?
It would help if you can give a little more info..

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Once you go dac you dont go back.

If you want to rip cds onto your hd then id get one.
But if its just to play cds then not really an improvement unkess tou have a very poor sorce.

For £200 budget id consider a dac magic

tansriloi

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
My dock only takes in 3.5mm so I need a converter from CD player output to my Dock. At the back of my CD player I have got an optical and coaxial output. Analogue been used already.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
tansriloi said:
My dock only takes in 3.5mm so I need a converter from CD player output to my Dock. At the back of my CD player I have got an optical and coaxial output. Analogue been used already.

For what?

If you can only use the digital outputs to connect to your sound dock then a dac is necessary. I see no reason to spend more than about £30 on this.

http://www.miccastore.com/images/gallery/51/d03k-alone-1280.jpg
d03k-alone-1280.jpg

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
davedotco said:
tansriloi said:

For what?

If you can only use the digital outputs to connect to your sound dock then a dac is necessary. I see no reason to spend more than about £30 on this.

http://www.miccastore.com/images/gallery/51/d03k-alone-1280.jpg

a great little DAC. More than enough for your needs. I use one for my tv into a preamp. There isn't a big difference between the FiiO and my Icon HDP.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts