Looking for a new speaker!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Greetings!!

I am looking for a bookshelf speaker that has a full bodied sound with a warm, smooth natural tone...none of theis "new" hi-fi sound...that being tizzy top end or glare in the midrange!!

Give me a speaker that plays music first and foremost LOL!!! My old ears can't take this new sound :)

I don't play loud...I like some good sound at lower volumes...good weight to vocals...deep bass is not an issue...BBC hump is ok LOL!!! Will be paired up with tubes!!

Budget is about $500US new or used...can anyone make some suggestions??

Thanks kindly!!!

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
There is one speaker that falls in to budget and is relatively efficient at 92db @ 1m which tubes need. It's the HSU HB1 MK2 for around the $400 mark a pair! There is also a matching sub if needs be as there pretty weak with the lower octaves.

Heres a picture.

images-1-4.jpg

Some reviews on-line also.

HSU Research is there site to buy.

A

Anonymous

Thanks!!!

They don't need to be efficient either...as I said, I don't listen at high volumes :)

Wonder about Wharfedale 9.2's or even Usher 520's??

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
I'm presuming now it's a low output valve amp?

Both the Wharfdale and Usher have low sensitivity of 86db with the ohm rating of the Ushers being 8 over the 6 from Wharfdale. Out of the two the Usher would be an easier drive than the Wharfdale but with sensitivity so low on both these speakers it will put extra strain on the valve amp. There's a 6db difference in the above 2 speakers to the HSU.
What this equates too is to get the same listening volume (what ever volume) from the pair above to the HSU, the amp would have to work harder for it.

TRENDING THREADS