Longest song titles.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
This has to be a contender.

Nile's "Papyrus Containing the Spell to Preserve its Possessor Against Attacks from He Who Is in the Water".

Any others?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Three off the top of my head (if brackets count...):

Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except for Me and My Monkey - The Beatles

There's A Guy Works Down the Chip Shop (Swears He's Elvis) - Kirsty MacColl

Just dropped in (To See What Condition My Condition Was in) - Kenny Rogers (from Big Lebowski soundtrack)

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
How about:

"Don't ever hit your Mother with a shovel (it'll leave a dull impression on her mind)"
or
"A cactus down my Y-fronts made a looser out of me".

Although I can't verify the artists I occasionally have these two songs in my head from time to time to a Country & Western backbeat, which probably says a lot about my sanity I guess . . . . must be all that volcanic ash.
emotion-37.gif

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Apparently belongs to the Rednex

The Sad But True Story Of Ray Mingus, The Lumberjack Of Bulk Rock City, And His Never Slacking Stribe In Exploiting The So Far Undiscovered Areas Of The Intention To Bodily Intercourse From The Opposite Species Of His Kind, During Intake Of All The Mental Condition That Could Be Derived From Fermentation .
Correction - Christine Lavin

Regretting what I said to you when you called me at 11:00 on
Friday morning to tell me that 1:00 Friday afternoon you
were gonna leave your office, go downstairs, hail a cab, to
go out to the airport, to catch a plane, to go skiing in the
Alps for two weeks. Not that I wanted to go with you; I
wasn't able to leave town, I'm not a very good skier, I
couldn't expect you to pay my way, but after going out with
you for three years, I don't like surprises. (A musical
apology)

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Okkervil River Bruce Wayne Campbell Interviewed in the Roof of the Chelsea Hotel, 1979

Julian Cope All the Blowing Themselves Up ************* (Will Realise the Minute They Die that They Were Suckers)

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
I've always liked "In the Absence of Strong Evidence to the Contrary, One May Step Out of the Way of the Charging Bull" by Don Caballero

but the longest I've seen is...

"The Black Hawk War, or, How to Demolish an Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself in the Morning, or, We Apologize for the Inconvenience but You're Going to Have to Leave Now, or, 'I Have Fought the Big Knives and Will Continue to Fight Them Until They Are Off Our Lands!' by Sufjan Stevens. (thats one song title btw)

Most of the song titles on Sufjan's Illinois album are very long.

A

Anonymous

Wot Gorilla? - "We Go Way Back Like Spinal Chords And Car Seats". Although, not the very longest.

A

Anonymous

The Pink Floyd track mentioned is actually a Roger Waters solo track, from his section of the studio part of the album.

How about: Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are, from the excellent Bat Out Of Hell 2 by Jim Steinman.

A

Anonymous

Sir B. McKenzie's Daughter's Lament For the 77th Mounted Lancer's Retreat From The Straits Of Loch Knombe, In The Year Of Our Lord 1727, On The Occasion Of The Announcement Of Her Marriage To The Laird Of Kinleakie, by Fairport Convention.

As memory serves, there is only enough time for my old iPod to scroll through the song title twice before it finishes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts