Longer phono interconnect for sub

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Would someone be good enough to recommend a 3 metre interconnect (standard phono pair) for connecting a Roksan Kandy amp to an Epos sub? Budget in the £50ish category, although will obviously pay a bit more if it's worthwhile and will happily pay less if not.

A

Anonymous

That looks like a nice bit of cable for the money. Ta very much.

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Do you really need a standard phono pair? You should get away with a single run on most subs. Use a Y adapter at the end if your sub is fussy about using both L and R inputs.

I've just got 10m Chord Crimson for £42 delivered on EBay. Room is still in state of upheaval so I can't comment on the sound.

QED seems the other obvious one. More of the wall is to look at the Blue Jeans UK site. They're verypopular amongst the US and DIY folk and will make up a variety of cables for sensible prices. TM3Connections are doing good prices on Canare cables too. Nearly went for that myself.

A

Anonymous

up the music:Do you really need a standard phono pair? You should get away with a single run on most subs. Use a Y adapter at the end if your sub is fussy about using both L and R inputs.

Hmmm... don't know really. But the amp's pre-out is a stereo pair, and the sub's low level in is also a stereo pair, so I'd assume that only running one lead would omit one of the channels.

philb42

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I bought cables for my Epos M Sub from www.chunkycables.co.uk.

Very well made, inc locking plugs which turn to lock on to the amp/sub. Pretty much industrial strength product. I would consider the above site worth checking out. Great value I thought and very helpful bloke who I exchanged a couple of emails with before buying.

A

Anonymous

Yup, bought the stereo pair via the link kindly posted by Daveh. Did have a look on Ebay, but couldn't find a better price... don't know if the other posters were referring to second hand or the single run sub cable. Anyway, having got the separates so cheap, it won't kill me to cough up for a cable.

Cable is sitting at the sorting office until I can get down there. Once I get my grubby paws on it I'll post if there's anything of note to say.

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Yes, my price of £42 was for single run. I do hope that cheaper price wasn't recent. I could have saved a few quid.

My comment re Y adapter at sub end was made forgetting that you have stereo outs not an LFE out. They would just mono the signal at the amp end and split it in two at the sub end. As you'd need 2 you're probably better off doing as you have done and getting a stereo pair of cables. The cost difference would be marginal on so short a length of cable and you've avoided a few extra connections.

Enjoy them.

TRENDING THREADS