logitech harmony one

Tmo

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Good afternoon everyone.

I had a 3 years old harmony one remote that stopped working/ charging and had coloured bubbles on the screen, along with a swollen battery that could not be removed...

I emailed logitech and after supplying purchase details, photos and serial and model numbers, I have just received an foc logitech touch remote.

I could not find any reference to this issue on this site, but google has reports of the swollen battery issue.

Hope this helps others.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Basically yes. Hard buttons are easy to use without looking and without navigating. IMO the only improvement would have been hard colour buttons. I guess the phone like screen will appeal to i.people. Hey, have I just invented a new word? I hope they continue with both controllers to give choice.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
It does have hard colour buttons but loses numbers amongst other things. I think I'd have to use it for a while to make my mind up. Hopefully the OP will come back and give us some personal experience.

Tmo

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, as Ben stated there are physical coloured buttons at the bottom of the Touch - a postive over the One.

The Touch is a fair bit shorter in length compared to the One. There is a short brushed plastic to the back of the remote and it is quite a lot more ergonomic than the One, which I think makes it more comfortable to hold - can't decide if it looks better though.

Set up was a doddle through myharmony.com, my devices, Panasonic TH37PX70 TV, Yamaha DSP-AX863SE amp, Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-ray and Humax HDR Fox T2 were all listed and operate correctly.

It is strange that FFWD/ REW and pause are at the top now, but I think due to the more comfortable shape it will not take much getting used to - you can do a little 'shuffle' with your hand to reach these controls.

The touch screen is now backlit in blue and is easy to read and use - when I use my PVR the hard buttons cover most bases and then I can have the numerical buttons on the screen.

Oh, the dock is now angled at about 45 degrees, not flat like before. Build quality is fine.

On the whole, the short time I have had it, I've been impressed, just need time now to do some more customised options, such as channel icons on the touch screen etc.

I paid about half price for the One and I'd say that is a fair price for the Touch as well - not £150.....

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Useful review, thanks Tmo. Sounds rather like I suspected, that there are some advantages and some disadvantages. I agree about pricing, £100 would seem the upper limit for both, preferably less. Is the touchscreen bigger / better than on the One? How many buttons at once on it?

TRENDING THREADS