LOEWE Individual 55 Compose or PANASONIC TXP50V20?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my screen and wondered if anyone has any thoughts on which to go for?

I am hesitating between the LCD/LED Loewe Individual 55 Compose and the Plasma Panasonic TXP50V20.

Without taking price,looks or sound into the equation and just considering pure picture quality which would be in your opinion the best?

I have always been told to go for Plasma over LCD for picture quality however after seeing the Loewe in action I must admit I no longer know where to stand?

Any help would be great,

thanks

Loewe makes some brilliant TVs, albeit at a premium price. If you have seen both in action, only you can decide what's best for you. If I were to choose between a Panasonic V20 & a Loewe & if I can afford the Loewe and like the picture quality, I would probably go for the Loewe (although it won't make a 'value for money' proposition).

A

Anonymous

price and value for money are always a consideration, my issue is that I have never been completely satisfied with the image quality displayed by flat screens and discounting HD often found that the old CRT's gave a cleaner and smoother picture .

I have always been of the opinion that with regards to Loewe and B&O you pay more for the design and materials used then for the real purpose of the unit and what I am after is a great picture. Also knowing that the actual display is build by another manufacturer (sharp I believe?) makes me wonder if I would actually be paying for a sharp screen in disguise and that I could for a 1/3 of the cost go for what I am being advised by salesmen delivers the best picture quality on the market the Plasma by Panasonic.

I agree with you that I can only decide on what's best for me and spending some time on a floor shop with each unit does tell me that both deliver a great image but I want this for all that I watch and that only time or sound advise will tell :).

A

Anonymous

Hello, If you are get used to a CRT TV I would go for a Plasma, you would get a more similar image to your old CRT's . And the value for money of the panasonic would help you to find the better choice.

Kind regards

PD. This doesn't help but I have a 37 px 80 plasma and i 'm moving to a bigger screen (40-42'') and I m deciding between a Sony 40 hX800 and a Panasonic VT20.Three year ago i moved from a CRT and for me was the better choice at that time.

Few points:

1) What you pay for when buying a B&O or a Loewe, apart from the design, is quality of every component that goes into making it, & the excellent customer service unmatched by the likes of Sony & Panasonic.

2) If you're after the best quality picture & value for money, then Loewe & B&O are not for you. These TVs are aimed at the higher end, style conscious market.

3) Remember that it's not only the screen that goes on to make a picture. It also requires some processing which the screen does not participate in. Pioneer made some LCD TVs with Sharp screens, & the picture was distinctly superior to Sharp TVs. You've yourself said that you liked the picture of the Loewe. Then how does it matter who made the screen? If you compare it with a Sharp TV, & if you think that there's no difference in picture quality, save yourself some money & go for the Sharp.

2011 TVs have just been announced & they promise better quality over 2010 sets. Whether that's true or not, remains to be seen. Panasonic has just released an 85-inch TV, the TH-85VX200E. Some reviews are already claiming this to match the Kuro. Let's see if Panasonic uses the same technology on its V30 & VT30 series of TVs.

But it also means that the 2010 sets are available at a bargain price. If I were you, I would wait for the 2011 models.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

thanks again for all the advice
emotion-21.gif

As much as I would love an 85 inch I think this may cause some trouble with the missus
emotion-2.gif

let see what 2011 models bring...

A

Anonymous

I tested the 40" dynamic Edge led HX 800, you can find it in 46 " and other sizes version. Most of the reviews gives a better mark to the Vt 20, only one gives a better mark to the Hx800, although the major part of these reviews establish the HX 800 like a stunning set with one of the 2D best images you can find (WHF too). Kind regards

A

Anonymous

Thas man:
thanks again for all the advice
emotion-21.gif

As much as I would love an 85 inch I think this may cause some trouble with the missus
emotion-2.gif

let see what 2011 models bring...
might cause some trouble with your bank manager too, they cost £45k a piece...
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Ouch... on second though an 85 inch screen could be a litte too big for my living room
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts