listening area 5m x 5m Bookshelf or.... ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Would you go floorstands or bookshelf

My whole room if about 15m-20m (w) and about 5m to TV and sofa. as we knocked down a wall, but listening area is only 5x5

Thanks. Also got neighbours, but they tend not to complain................. Too much.

Nice 1

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
It must be a very big lounge is it some sort of empty warehouse, 15m x 20m is 48.75ft x 65ft thats huge.
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

Sorry its 5m from tv to sofa so thats width?

And about 20m long as knocked down 2 rooms into one.

A

Anonymous

slewis:At 5 meter's away from tv is 16.25ft do you have a projector???

No I don't have a projector, and my measurements are correct, you just miss
read. Just want to know if bookshelf or floorstands would be best, maybe
floorstands from you comments.

5M from TV is not that big mate, had a council house at one point that was 5m
from sofa to TV.

5m

20m--------------------------- 20m

5m

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that's one massive room, so will the speakers be by any side or back wall, plus you say you are 5M from the TV, so the speakers will be 5m or more from you, so if that was me it would be floorstander speakers for sure.

Plus in that size room if you play a lot of music the floorstander will give a lot more powerful bass.

A

Anonymous

get yorself some monitor audio rx6s canada , audio nirvana
emotion-19.gif

A

Anonymous

Speakers will be in each alcove beside the fireplace so yes 5m from sofa., but like I said, even though my room is like 20m long, my tv and listening area is only 5x5m, I have a jcb in the middle of the room and the other side has a dining table and chairs, and strip club... LOL

A

Anonymous

in alcoves ? that may not suit some floorstanders i would have thought ..how far from the wall ?

A

Anonymous

Was going to do the following:

B&W 684 &M1 or RX6 and maybe 90hd for rear.

Or 685 & M1 and RX2 and again 90hd for rear. .

I have a pioneer amp, so not sure how they will handle.

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:in alcoves ? that may not suit some floorstanders i would have thought ..how far from the wall ?

Can push them out , the alcove is about 1 and a half foot deep and about 5 foot wide, so they can be moved out more into listening area

A

Anonymous

Will upload a pic tomorrow and maybe you can get more of an idea,

Going to be buying in about 2 months. and got 1000.00 and want everything, one brand. apart from the spec I have below

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree with max, having floorstanders in alcoves will be a problem, as I used to have a pair of TDL RTL 3 in alcoves and what bass but I could not tell you a word the singers was saying, so it would have to be bass light floorstanders or stand mounts which I would go for.

A

Anonymous

well , keeping it real , ive only ever heard ma br5s and rx6s , but they sure sound great to me , especially the rx6s , very good ...

the ma br5 av package is under a grand , id defo add it to the audition list
emotion-21.gif
, your old friend david will be pleased to hear from you again too im sure
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Yeh my old friend dave... Told me I could not have RSFX so bought them anyway.. LOL

What a mistake, they just wont work in my room.

Was thinking the R90HD for the rear, but cant see a difference in those specs and the BR1, and the RX6 for the fronts.

Its mainly for movies, and going to sell everything I have down below, the 9.1's and dali vokal and ms alumni

As too much of a miss match

A

Anonymous

i would have thought if its mainly for movies you would be better off getting a package ? i cant say i notice much of a difference between my br5 fronts and now rx6 fronts with movies ..

stereo sound from a stereo amp is a different story though
emotion-19.gif

A

Anonymous

Yeh dont have a hi-fi amp, nor am I a huge fan of music.

Dont get me wrong I do like music, but its not something I sit down to listen to, will just listen to now and again from my PS3.

A

Anonymous

well having the likes of the br5 fronts in alcoves may not be such a bad thing then , ur sub will be taking care of the heavy bass anyway , so bass boom from them shouldnt be an issue imo , dont you already have a rs sub though ? if so the br5 fronts and br1 rears , br centre would be less than £900 bought seperately (especially from ebay , sorry david
emotion-10.gif
) ..

anyway theres more than monitor audio to choose from , but id keep them on the shortlist
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Not sure what else to keep on the list apart from 684-685 and RX6 and RX2.

I know they are this big names, superfi has Epos m22l for 599 at the moment.

Yes got the RSW12 and I wont be getting rid of that baby, it is sweet, blew my R370HD out of the water, its amazing.

Going down the bronze route would be a lot cheaper, but I want a big improvment over what I have as well.

I want more detail in speaking, as I feel the 9.1 are a bit flat, Thanks maxx.

If I am going to do the BR route, will wait 6 weeks for the new BX to come out, and I am sure I will get better prices.
emotion-5.gif

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Canada,

In a room of of that size I would recommend the B&W 685 Theatre but I specified the B&W ASW610 subwoofer and they sound fabulous with moves (DVD and Bleray). I have been enjoying Glastonbury on Sky+ HD and my wife loved Pet Shop Boys, Muse and Scissor Sisters who had Kylie Minogue in her lingerie!! I had to record them for my daughter who is at Glastonbury.These speakers sound very good with music to and I would recommend you give them an audition.

Best wishes

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts