Lip-sync on ITV HD

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Does anybody else have problems with this at all? On the odd drama we've tried like "Boy Meets Girl" or "Lewis" it's really pretty bad, and even adjusting the setting on the Humax can't quite cure it. No such problems on BBC HD programmes. To be honest, I find the picture improvements on ITV HD are often marginal anyway, so just switch back to SD, while BBC can be absolutely stunning.

As this is 50% of our HD Freesat offering, I'm a bit miffed that so many programmes are virtually unwatchable!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Me neither via Sky - but then that's a direct broadcast, not 'via the red button'. I also understand there are regional variations in ITV HD broadcasts, which could potentially cause other issues if the ads/shows get out of sync.

The sooner it's a genuine, separate channel, widely available via all HD TV providers, the better for ITV and us all. (Oh, and more content would be nice...)

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Amen to that, Clare - Channel 4 might be nice as well!

Must be a "red button" thing then, I guess, although, as I say, some programming isn't affected. We're on ITV Central, BTW, and when you load HD there is certainly a discernable time lag from the SD broadcast.

Other than that, reasonably happy with Freesat, and the Humax is a great piece of kit!

A

Anonymous

I seem to have problems with E4 occasionally (The wife likes Hollyoaks!)
Always seem the same like a really badly dubbed movie.
Drives me barmy but cant do anything to fix.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts