Linn Classik , Arcam Solo o Rotel separates

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm Freddy architect with some Hi-Fi doubts. I'm looking for an upgrade for my old music system (Marantz Slim and Kef Q35), and I must tell you that the aesthetic aspect is important in the election. For now I'm thinking in: Linn Classik, Arcam Solo, Rotel separate (RA-06 + RCD-06), they are all about the same price in Chile. The speakers could be B&W 604, but I'm not sure if I should buy a descontinued pair of speakers, so advices will be accepted. regards! Freddy

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I sold my Rotel separates and purchased a Linn Classik after finding the Linn better sounding. The sound i find is detailed and more musical plus the fact you dont have leads everywhere.

I highly reccommend the Linn Classik without a shadow of a doubt. I use mine with B&W Speakers (705) and it is awesome.

Infact im gonna listen to it now :)

matthewpiano

[quote user="FreddyD"]Hi everyone, I'm Freddy architect with some Hi-Fi doubts.

I'm looking for an upgrade for my old music system (Marantz Slim and Kef Q35), and I must tell you that the aesthetic aspect is important in the election. For now I'm thinking in: Linn Classik, Arcam Solo, Rotel separate (RA-06 + RCD-06), they are all about the same price in Chile. The speakers could be B&W 604, but I'm not sure if I should buy a descontinued pair of speakers, so advices will be accepted. regards! Freddy[/quote]

First of all, nice picture. I love that 'Misplaced Childhood' album. Superb.
Secondly, I think you would find all three options excellent. My choice (having heard all three) would be the Linn which IMO is considerably more interesting to listen to than the Arcam. Only thing that has put me off having the Linn is the fact that I like the upgrade flexibility offered by seperates. If this isn't important to you, I'd strongly recommend the Classik.

John Duncan

Have compared Linn to Rotel RA-05/RCD-06 and the Linn sounds better, undoubtedly (though whether it's worth the premium only you can say).

If you like the look (I don't, personally) and can cope with the restricted upgrade path (you can add power amps but that's about it) then it's a very viable (though quite expensive) solution.

John Duncan

Will they ship to Chile though?
emotion-2.gif

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have tried many budget combo's with Cambridge, Rotel and Marantz and not been happy with the result. I have been recommended the Linn Musik. I'm going to listen to the Linn and the Arcam on Thursday.

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I bought a Linn Classik Music today for £800 as they are being discontinued. It is miles better than the Arcam Solo and indeed any seperates combination I have heard up to £1500 including rotel, marantz and arcam combo's. Buy one.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Nice to see some fellow Linn Classik fans on here.

For 670 pound i paid for mine it is a stonker of a bargain.

Including 5 year warranty too makes it even better value for money.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Hi Fi Decision"]
I bought a Linn Classik Music today for £800 as they are being discontinued. It is miles better than the Arcam Solo and indeed any seperates combination I have heard up to £1500 including rotel, marantz and arcam combo's. Buy one.
[/quote]

Hi, many thanks for your opinion, just I have one question: If it will be discontinued, will be replaced by an upgraded model? The Classik it's been a lot of time in the market, so maybe I should wait for the next step. Does anyone know if is a new model arriving? Regards!

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I spoke to a supplier reference the Linn being discontinued. He said that he thinks there will be a new model but with dab added in. Personnally i would just buy the original now as it is a bargain price and with a 5 yr warranty resale value would not depreciate as much. Also I emailed Linn in September and asked them about Classik being discontinued and they said it wont be. I have checked Linns website and there is nothing about it being disontinued.

Buy it for 650 quid brand new on ebay, See seller bargainelectricals.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="FreddyD"]I have one question: If it will be discontinued, will be replaced by an upgraded model? The Classik it's been a lot of time in the market, so maybe I should wait for the next step. Does anyone know if is a new model arriving?![/quote]

No suggestion of that as far as I know.

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="rich51080"]

I spoke to a supplier reference the Linn being discontinued. He said that he thinks there will be a new model but with dab added in. Personnally i would just buy the original now as it is a bargain price and with a 5 yr warranty resale value would not depreciate as much. Also I emailed Linn in September and asked them about Classik being discontinued and they said it wont be. I have checked Linns website and there is nothing about it being disontinued.

Buy it for 650 quid brand new on ebay, See seller bargainelectricals.

[/quote]

Baragin Electricals were selling them for £749 the other day on ebay but now aren't selling any there. It is the same seller as www.petertyson.co.uk (in fact if you type in www.bargainelectricals.co.uk i t will redirect to this site) and they are selling them for £799 plus free QED speaker wire.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts