Linn Audio listening room - OMG!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,
I am lucky enough to work for a firm who has a working relationship with Linn, and whilst in Scotland last week had to visit them. I mentioned to the contact I had that I was into hifi gear and he offered to show me the demo room.

I now consider myself one very lucky sonofabitch (sorry mum) because it was truly an awesome experience!! Hearing Dean Martin through a pair of speakers that retail at £25,000 was simply incredible, and believe me I'm no Dean Martin fan.

There was so much there to take in that I can't remember what the source component was, it was some kind of music server - not the Madjik though - which was controlled by a wireless device, Samsung i think, it was basically an lcd screen with menus of both musical content and also musical presentation on it.
Anyhow, I just thought I'd share that experience with you all...

Neil.

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
nedtom:
I can't remember what the source component was, it was some kind of music server - not the Madjik though - which was controlled by a wireless device, Samsung i think, it was basically an lcd screen with menus of both musical content and also musical presentation on it.

I guess it must have been Linn Climax DS, the top of the range one..

A

Anonymous

was this the one out at eaglesham or their rooms at castlemilk?

MRB

Feb 20, 2007
Visit site
I've always been impressed with the "Linn sound".

I've been using a Linn Classik for nearly 10 years now and never get bored of it. If only I had the money for the high-end stuff
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

So... what were the rough dimensions of the room and how were the speakers arranged?:)

A

Anonymous

from memory if its the castlemilk rooms think from memory probably about 6m wide by 4m deep. if the eaglesham hq r&d room then maybe 4 x 4m.

TRENDING THREADS