Lights out, please?!!

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin:
My CD73T manual says you get a slight improvement in sound when you switch the front display off. I personally think it's negligible, so generally speaking, is there any advantage or is it elaborate fiddle-faddle?

Please enlighten. . . .

I can't hear the difference on my XRay but then my hearing's noise floor is a bit high
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

That's one of those esoterical things that make hi-fi and hi-end so confusing ... IMHO that's nonsense...

So very badly a component has to be designed for the display to cause any interference in the signal path... And so very good your ears to really hear it.

A

Anonymous

On my CD73T, there's no difference - but on my A32, if the display is set to "dim", then there is a high pitched sound produced. Turn it to "bright" and it dissapears and same when it's "off".

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
some do and most don't! and if some that do the different shouldn't be bigger than when you very sligtly move your head to one side while listening!.

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin:Then doesn't that beg the question about tone controls as well?

I always use the tone controls - my Arcam's are digital, so there's an even smaller effect!

A

Anonymous

try listening to your hifi in compleat darkness no lights on this makes my hifi sound better well worth a try ..

A

Anonymous

yes, and it also stops you thinking about upgrading every time you look at your hifi.

A

Anonymous

It's because your using one less of your senses and so more processing power is given to the other.

A

Anonymous

i have always noticed a change in sound when i switch the display off on any of my Arcam players -4 in total now. when the display is set to "low" (as opposed to "high" or "off") there is a noticable difference in background noise. this is even more noticable when listening through cans...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts