Lg 5.1 Blu-ray Home Theatre System & PS3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

The Lg HB954TB Blu-ray 5.1 Channel HTiB system has 2 HDMI In ports & can decode Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus & DTS-HD Master Audio. So will it be able to process pure HD audio signals sent by PS3 if connected via HDMI?

Awaiting Your Response.

Thanks!!!

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
All HDMI v1.3 equipped equipment with HD audio decoding can handle LPCM, so the short answer is Yes. Your LG won't display the audio format as the PS3 is doing the decoding and outputing as LPCM but if you press the display button on the PS3 during playback (after selecting the HD audio track at the menu) you will see the audio format, bitrate etc. displayed.

On PS3:
Go to Sound Settings
Select HDMI
Select Auto
Tick all the DD, DTS and PCM up to 7.1

Save the settings

Go to BD/DVD settings
Select audio output format as PCM

Save the settings

A

Anonymous

Hi d4v3pum4,

Thanks for replying. But what if I go to ps3 settings & choose 'Bitstream' over 'LPCM'? Will the lg system be able to internally decode the bitstream signal received from ps3?

Awaiting Your Response.

Thanks!!!

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Snazee:Hi d4v3pum4,

Thanks for replying. But what if I go to ps3 settings & choose 'Bitstream' over 'LPCM'? Will the lg system be able to internally decode the bitstream signal received from ps3?

Awaiting Your Response.

Thanks!!!

The PS3 is unable to bitstream HD audio codecs (i.e. Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio) over HDMI - this is a limitation of the console hardware and cannot be corrected with a firmware update unfortunately.

So if you select 'Bitstream', the PS3 will send only standard Dolby Digital/DTS signals over HDMI, to be decoded by the LG system's receiver.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts