LG 2022 TV lineup: everything you need to know

MorgrainX

Dec 29, 2021
Visit site
LG has become a disappointment.

42" and 48" C2 will NOT have Evo panel! That is literally the ONLY new big feature. How can this NOT be mentioned as a huge critical point in the article? Please stop being LGs marketing tube.

The 42" and 48" are effectively just a rebranded CX with a newer software update. So much for the people who thought we'd get a 42" EX C2.

Useless for PC gamers. C2 = C1.

48Gbit bandwidth with HDMI 2.1 is not a new feature. We already had that with LG OLEDs (3 generations ago!), but then LG removed it for unknown reasons (some claimed the chip couldn't process more than 40Gbit, so it wouldn't matter in the end - but those were just claims) - meaning this is not a new feature in any way, it's merely the re-arrival of an old one.

Fail, LG. Not the way.

Besides from the higher pixel density (as a PC gamer, eyeing the 42" C2), there is no reason to upgrade from a CX/C1 48". I am disappointed. I expected to get a 42" with at least EVO panel, better EX. That would have led to me upgrading. But now?

LG went full low effort. They effectively just re-use the old EVO panel that they already used for the G1, now just branded as C2. They don't have to change any of their production lines (cutting the motherpanel) and that will effectively not change their profit margin in any negative way. C2 55" & bigger is effectively just a re-packaged G1.

Giving smaller panels better panels (pun), means losing a bit money with each. They don't want that. They don't care about PC gamers. They just care about money.

And before anyone comes in here and sarcasms away "oh, what? Companies care about money? Discovery of the millenia!"

It's possible to BOTH make a profit AND care for your customers needs. It is not at all necessary to go hyper capitalist and only care about money. There is always a middle ground, even though that one takes effort and the will to lose a bit of money in the process. LG here chose the low effort path, meaning they went full profit and least customer satisfaction. That is a disappointment.

Skip this generation. Maybe next year, when LG gives us 55" with EX V2, we can get a Evo panel with the 48" / 42" C3. Lol.

C2 42" and 48" should have Evo panel support, at the minimum.

HDR10+ & DTS:X & DTS passthrough would have been a nice addition for this generation. ESPECIALLY since Samsung partners with Nvidia to bring HDR10+ to new AAA titles in 2022. All LG OLED owners will miss out on that glory...

MorgrainX

Dec 29, 2021
Visit site
1st comment to say LG TV need better ethernet speed and USB 3.0 ports!

Damn, I totally forgot to add that to my rant. I guess I forgot about that, since I already use a USB-Ethernet dongle to get Gigabit speed on my LG OLED and haven't paid any more attention to that topic. You are right, of course. That one feature is also missing.

Even though we don't know for certain yet, if that feature will be there or not. Maybe they will add it with the C2/G2.

Reactions: optical10
D

Deleted member 197450

It was excited by a new 42-inch model. Hopefully making OLED even cheaper.

D

Deleted member 197450

I don’t know why LG have adopted the feet stands that are wide apart? They are losing customers though because most stands won’t be wide enough for them!

optical10

Jan 4, 2022
Visit site
Damn, I totally forgot to add that to my rant. I guess I forgot about that, since I already use a USB-Ethernet dongle to get Gigabit speed on my LG OLED and haven't paid any more attention to that topic. You are right, of course. That one feature is also missing.

Even though we don't know for certain yet, if that feature will be there or not. Maybe they will add it with the C2/G2.

This guy does a good job of rec'd USB dongles but still I'm only @93Mbs :(

MorgrainX

Dec 29, 2021
Visit site
This guy does a good job of rec'd USB dongles but still I'm only @93Mbs :(

Have you deactivated WLAN? The Ethernet port of the TV is empty?

Is your dongle actually capable of delivering the speeds you want? (look at the reviews for the product). I know for a fact that Cable Matters USB 3.0 Ethernet Adapter is working (there are 6 (!) Cable Matters adapters out there, you need to chose the right one).

Is your Ethernet cable that you are using with the dongle capable of delivering more speed? (Try it out with your laptop or another device).

Which TV are you using? As per Vincents informations, compatibility is only known with - LG 2019 OLED (C9) - LG 2020 OLED (CX) - LG 2021 OLED (C1) - Sony 2021 BRAVIA XR TVs (A90J, A80J & X90J.

optical10

Jan 4, 2022
Visit site
Have you deactivated WLAN? The Ethernet port of the TV is empty?

Is your dongle actually capable of delivering the speeds you want? (look at the reviews for the product). I know for a fact that Cable Matters USB 3.0 Ethernet Adapter is working (there are 6 (!) Cable Matters adapters out there, you need to chose the right one).

Is your Ethernet cable that you are using with the dongle capable of delivering more speed? (Try it out with your laptop or another device).

Which TV are you using? As per Vincents informations, compatibility is only known with - LG 2019 OLED (C9) - LG 2020 OLED (CX) - LG 2021 OLED (C1) - Sony 2021 BRAVIA XR TVs (A90J, A80J & X90J.

"Have you deactivated WLAN? The Ethernet port of the TV is empty?"

Yes

20220104_172423.jpg

"Is your dongle actually capable of delivering the speeds you want? ......Cable Matters USB 3.0 Ethernet Adapter is working (there are 6 (!) ."

Cable Matters USB 3.0 from Amazon UK aren't always genuine so it looks like I got a 2nd fake, which speed test do you use?

20220104_171635.jpg

"Is your Ethernet cable that you are using with the dongle capable of delivering more speed? (Try it out with your laptop or another device)."

Cat 6

20220104_171752.jpg

"Which TV are you using? As per Vincents informations, compatibility is only known with - LG 2019 OLED (C9) - LG 2020 OLED (CX)"

LG 2020 OLED (CX)

20220104_171206.jpg

Attachments

• 20220104_171635.jpg
    20220104_171635.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts