Letters Page?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Why doesn't the mag have a letters page like most other mags?

I know these forums are meant to be for asking questions/problems but I've had a thread on here for 2 weeks now without any response from anyone! If there was a letters page I could write to the mag direct and get my answer the next again month.

Is there any chance of a letters/problems page being introduced to the mag anytime soon??

Thanks

Keith

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Erm, we have an entire problems section (7 pages) in the magazine every issue - the Sound Advice pages, where we answer reader queries on TV, home cinema, hi-fi and MP3 every month.

We do, however, get deluged, and can't possibly answer every question: same here on the Forums, i'm afraid.

But we'll give it a go!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for getting back to me Clare. I'm going to be cheeky here in the hope you will read this and help me out (even though it is in the worng section) :-D

This is the problem I posted about -

I'm looking to but a wireless music system and I have decided its between these 2 - I don't like the sonos one - but both have slight problems 1 with sound output and the other with one of its modes and I'm looking for some expert advice.

On the Philips WACS7500/05 it's said to have terrible sound out put but just how terrible, is it acceptable?

Also its says that you can attached external speakers (is this true?) so would a decent set of speakers help the sound or wouldn't they make any difference??

On the Philips MCi500H it says that when in Music Broadcast mode you can't skip a track back or forward and just have to wait on the song finishing, is this a problem that can be fixed?

Also it says it can only rip music in 320kbps mp3 format which isn't great but I can handle but can it 'read' other formats or is it just mp3? These 2 are the ones I'd really like to know as imo it's the best one of the 2 products with good sound, bigger hdd and the fact you can also add the same stations to it as the WACS7500(unless you guys tell me different) but if I can't skip tracks then the machine is no good to me (or anyone imo!!).

Thanks in advance for any help

Best Wishes

spenny

Also I'm not interested in the Sonos, that has already been suggested to me.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
After a decent start for the WACS systems, we really haven't been impressed with the latest Philips models - I couldn't wholeheartedly recommend either, i'm afraid. Or, indeed, Sony's Gigajuke, which was also disappointing. And no, a speaker upgrade can't help system units sound better in either case!

Our search for a good all-in-one music server, with hard-drive, continues....

A

Anonymous

lhc - it is mostly a cosmetic dislike I have for it, it just looks like a plastic box and very cheap plus the fact I'd have to buy and amp and speakers for every station (and speakers for the main hub too) which imo is a bit of a joke. The cost of doing this is far too hign, again imo.

I like to have an 'hi-fi style' system that's another reason I don't like the sonos or the other options of playing music from my PC/laptop or buying a docking station for my mp3.

Thanks for your response Clare. It looks like I'm waiting on a new system coming out then :-( Surely it can't be that difficult to make a good one!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts