3332485425_a83d9b0508.jpg

3332485323_6907206b9c.jpg

3333321738_01728d59b6.jpg

3332485105_f06edeb8b5.jpg

3332484951_d0e2644e98.jpg

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well yes, but I assumed at least the door is an unused one. I'd be more concerned about the corner placement, and the left speaker having a curtain in front of it soaking up some of the treble output. Can't help feeling this system might sound rather boomy, and have some problems with stereo imaging.

Assuming the door isn't used, I'd suggest the speakers would perform much better a foot or two forward, and the same amount in from the side walls, too.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
Well yes, but I assumed at least the door is an unused one. I'd be more concerned about the corner placement, and the left speaker having a curtain in front of it soaking up some of the treble output. Can't help feeling this system might sound rather boomy, and have some problems with stereo imaging.

Assuming the door isn't used, I'd suggest the speakers would perform much better a foot or two forward, and the same amount in from the side walls, too.

.........and chuck a rug on the floor.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Indeed. And moving the speakers would also solve that nasty reflection the right speaker will be getting from the side of the CD cabinet, which will further confuse things.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Indeed. And moving the speakers would also solve that nasty reflection the right speaker will be getting from the side of the CD cabinet, which will further confuse things.

Apart from that......!! Poor bloke!!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, I thought that as I was typing the last comments.

Hope the OP will recognise that this is constructive comment, designed to help tune the system to get a better sound, not criticism.

Very nice system - could sound so much better with a bit of tweaking.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Yes, I thought that as I was typing the last comments.

Hope the OP will recognise that this is constructive comment, designed to help tune the system to get a better sound, not criticism.

Very nice system - could sound so much better with a bit of tweaking.

I agree - the radiator should go too though!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:
I agree - the radiator should go too though!

Unless it gives overheating problems with the system, it's fine where it is.

Otherwise just move the system rack off-centre a couple of feet to the right.

A

Anonymous

Very nice system, good job!

I'm envious that you have that space to use. My hifi is in an unsymetrical corner and suffers from terrible stereo imaging issues. I thought I was going deaf in my right ear at one point it got so bad.

newaudio

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
hells bells... LOL rad is off.... double one else wheer in room. speakers hard in corners for pics usually 8 inches off wll square. room just decorated and yes a rug is on the way for sound proofing. iam in a 3 bed semi so the rack stays where it is iam fraid. thanks for the comments lads... love tweeking!
emotion-5.gif

newaudio

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
just put em out and iam listening to U2s new offering.... the wife just cam in and asked

EDITED BY MODS

"what are the speakers doin out in the middle of the floor?" LOL OH hum! i for see a garage conversion next year! hah!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
newaudio:hells bells... LOL rad is off.... double one else wheer in room. speakers hard in corners for pics usually 8 inches off wll square. room just decorated and yes a rug is on the way for sound proofing. iam in a 3 bed semi so the rack stays where it is iam fraid. thanks for the comments lads... love tweeking!
emotion-5.gif

If the rad is off, you can move the speakers closer together and if the are a few feet from the side walls and a foot off the rear wall, you should get a better sound.

A

Anonymous

Very nice set-up looks really clean/stylish being a one brand system. The rack helps to I think.

Speakers are lush also!

SO how does it sound?
:)

newaudio

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
thanks ash... my broadband only got fixed today so sorry bout the delay in replying. the volume and quality at low levels is nothing to right home about... think this is a feature of the CA amp if iam not mistaken. when wound up and no neighbours next door its pretty nice. bass controlled and sounds very very clear. i listen to folk through to rock so quite happy with it so far. the room aint the best at the mo for it... its a kitchen diner so the kitchen units rattle from the bass at the mo, with not much absorption to take up some of the bass. have plans waitin for approval to convert the garage to another room for hifi and home cinema so watch this space for renovation pics too... ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts