Less than three hours to go to our live Sony CES 2011 forum

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Our live forum chat with Eric Kingdon and Tim Page of Sony, direct from CES 2011 in Las Vegas, is less than three hours away. We're all set here in the UK, and as we speak people in the States are frantically scrabbling around looking for Ethernet cables getting ready for this first-ever live link-up for whathifi.com's forums.

This is your chance to react to the news from Sony's CES press launch yesterday, and ask questions about the company's product plans and strategy for 2011 and beyond.

If you want to pre-book a question for this special one-hour session, post it as a reply on this thread, and we'll try to include it. Or join us online at 11.00 Las Vegas time/19.00 GMT.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Well its not a surprise that Sony are pushing 3D, as all the top companies are and would include a majority of its players with 3D.But who really wants it yet. I just bought a 370 and couldn't care less about this feature.Next year we see the 390, 590, 790.But without the media to play on them their useless. I would much prefer the money going into 2d, and quieter machines as the 370 is very noisy.good picture and price of £89, but i wouldn't buy it at £179 when launched.

John Duncan

I have a question. I mean I know I could ask Eric himself when I'm support monkey on Skype to you all later, but...will some of the interesting functionality on the new TV range (like HD recording to an external USB, Skype, remote app) be enabled on older TVs (like, just for example, an NX503...) by firmware updates?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
lobby:I would much prefer the money going into 2d, and quieter machines as the 370 is very noisy

Only if I have the 'Quick Start' feature switched on. Without it, I have never heard a peep from the thing with BD, DVD or iPlayer.

(Sorry I didn't mean to take this further OT. Just defending one of the best AV purchases I have made in the last few years.)

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Not really a question, then...?

Question:

When are we going to see true integration/convergence between the internet and our large flat screens? Do we really need this diversion into 3D technology when I suspect many would prefer full internet functionality from their 50" Plasmas instead. Or is the manufacturers' master plan to be able to Google in 3D too?!

A

Anonymous

i have a question. are sony planning on sticking with the very confusing way they name their different tv ranges? it was much easier to know what was what when they had the s, v,w,z and x ranges...

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Will be interested to know if the 2011 Blu-ray players offer anything better than the 2010 ones (just bought a 570 for £169), which is excellent value/quality). The Sony Press area on their UK site shows specifications for 380/580 etc which don't look any different to the 370/570 etc. Hope more has changed than just the model numbers.

Amadeus1756

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I emailed this in earlier, so apologies if it's already on the list:

Could you ask why Sony make their TV model numbers so difficult to comprehend?
The web site doesn't really help either - just give me a list of the features
side-by-side - easy! Really, I'm in the market for a new TV and I walked away
from the Sony site due to it being incomprehensible (and rather misleading I
felt -"full LED" is not the same to me as "edge LED" tho I'd concede that
example if it's common terminology). thanks! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts