Lejonklou MM or Leema Elements phono?

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
By coincidence, I happened to see a small apparatus with 'Lejonklou' on the front. Happens to be a RIAA for MM. Tested by Stereophile October 2011. This or the Leema Elements for my Rega RP3? Sound advice.

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, will probably choose the Leema, currently have a Rega Phono Mini which seems to limit the higher frequencies and have a laidback sound picture.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
NHL said:
Thanks, will probably choose the Leema, currently have a Rega Phono Mini which seems to limit the higher frequencies and have a laidback sound picture.
My colleague took the Leema home to compare to his Rega Fono, and he basically said it was a night and day difference, although he is using a Gyro SE.

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Have basically ordered a Leema Elements Phono in metall. Will update the thread when it arrives and a listening session has been conducted. 180 g Pearl Jam and John Coltrane, among others, waiting to be auditioned. Long live mechanical lathes!

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
And so it has arrived.

The phono pre amp from Wales.

First, checked the settings, MM and no 20 HZ rumble filter. These settings have to be set when the device is off. The two page manual also said that the device will have a bootup time, first time.

1) Amy Winehouse: Better base

2) Depeche Mode: Foot tapping, have never experienced any CD player with this effect, not anywhere near.

3) Pat Metheny: The record had dust which gathered on the needle. More visible than on the previous Rega Mini.

4) Eric Clapton: Better base and midrange (guitar + voice)

When first switched into the system, it is not apparent that it is so near the 70's high quality. However a couple of songs later and it is obviously :dance:

When CD players have reached this quality, 10 years from now, I will invest in new DAC's, but not before. Enjoy!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
NHL said:
When CD players have reached this quality, 10 years from now, I will invest in new DAC's, but not before. Enjoy!

I love my vinyl for sure, but I have some LP's that sound rubbish compared to the CD equivalent. I bought a brand new vinyl copy of the Doors' LA Women last year and to be honest it sounds weak compared to my £5 clearance CD from FOPP bought the year before. There again the Creek Evo 2 is a rather good CDP
smiley-wink.gif

.r

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Theoretically, the CD player was ready already from 1979. In practice, big improvements was reported as late as with the advent of the Audiolab CD and the Audiolab DAC. The vinyl player is a mature technology where no major improvements will be seen. I decided to invest in the vinyl, and keep the equipment, as long as it will run. Some CD vendors have tried to mimic vinyl, example Pioneer Legato Link conversion, which "recreated" the missing harmonics above 20 kHz. Some DAC's try to recreate studio sound, the Benchmark DAC, and others yet have the music in focus. I'll continue to follow the DAC market, when something shows up which will play the Van Halen Digitally Remastered CD's in a credible way, I'll be there! :wave:

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
........................ .. . ..... ... . .. . .
........................ . . . . . . .... . . . ..... .... . .
........................ .... . . .... .... .. . . . . . . . .
......... .............. . . . ..+,.... . . . .
........................ ... .......+++,... ... .. .. .... . ..... .. .. ....
................................ ...+++++ ....... ........... ...... .........
........................ . ....... ~++++++ . .................................
................................ .:+++++++=.....................................
.................................+++++++++~....................................
.................................+++++++++++....................................
.............. . . ... ........=++++++++++++...................................
.... ..........................~++++++.++++++=..................................
.............. . ..............++++++...++++++=.................................
................:++++=~.......++++++,....++++++,................................
................~++++++++?,..++++++=,,,,,,++++++,,,,,,,,........................
...................~+++++++++++++++.......=++++++. ...... ........,,:::,,...
........................++++++++++. . . ..=++++++.. . ...,,,::,,,...........
.........................,:+++++++..........++++++~,,,,,,,........ .............
..........................++++++++++:........++++++:........... ......... ....,.
.........................++++++~=+++++~......,++++++...... .... ..........,,,:::
............. . . =++++++...++++++= ,++++++ ....,,,:,,:::::,,,,....
.......... . ... .....++++++.,,,,,+++++++~,,,++++++=..........~~ .............
....... ...............++++++.........~++++++++=++++++~....,=++++++... . ...
.... ............... .++++++=. ...... .+++++++++++++++++++++++++:.............
... ......... .....++++++= .. ..........~+++++++++++++++++=,.... ..... .....
... ............ ...:++++++............,,,,,,,,,,,=++++++,,.,,,............. ...
...................,++++++............ ........ . =++++++,,,:,,,,..... . .,,
..... ..... . ....++++++,..... .. ... .... .. . .++++++:..,,,::,,.. .:~,
........... ......++++++:.. ... .... . . ..++++++ . ..,::,,.. ........
.............. . ~++++++.......,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,....:++++++......... ..........
................:+++++++======================== .....=+++++= ..................
............ ...+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++,.......=+++++= .................
............ .++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++........ ++++++,.................
..............=+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ . ........++++++.................
............... ................................................................
............ . . . .........................................................

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts