Leema Pulse with B&W 805S

baldy38

Oct 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi

Does anyone have any insight into whether the Leema Pulse would be a good amp choice for the B&W 805S speakers. I also have a Rega Saturn CD player.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

As no one else has posted yet, I thought I'd start proceedings. I have the 805s and I have heard them with the Tucana but not the Pulse. I thought they were great with the Tucana but the Pulse maybe borderline power wise, you should try and test it if no one else has heard the combo. I've currently got them hooked up to a Nait 5i which is not ideal but I'm switching over to Neat Motives fairly soon.

baldy38

Oct 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. You say the Pulse may be borderline on power - have you found, then, that the 805S's need 100W or more to really make them go? I asked B&W and they said they recommended 50-120W.

A

Anonymous

I'm sure it'll be fine, I've been relatively happy with the 5i but I know the Motive 2'a suit it better. It's just I feel that the 805s need to be pushed a little harder to make the most of them, I found the Tucana rated at 150w did this way better than anything I've heard on my speakers.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Hey Octopo
Why dont you change the amplification instead of the speakers? I upgraded from neat motive 2 to 805Ss and would never ever go back (even though the neats are class speakers imo the 805s are a different class still). I suppose its cheaper to change to neat speakers and amp speaker synergy will be much better. If i am mistaken and you have the original 805Ns then i have not heard them and the difference may be smaller.

With regards to the origanal post - i also agree with ocopo - look for an amp with more grunt. How about a used Krell integrated bit more expensive but i heard it and was very impressed.

A

Anonymous

Interesting, interesting...

I've had the 805s for about a year. I tried the Motive 2s with the 122x/150x recently, and to be honest was blown away. I know the pre/power is ahead of my 5i but I know to the T how the comparison fares. I've been a B&W boy for about 3 years but I feel the adventurous road of hifi maybe leading me down the Naim route now...

ÿÿ

A

Anonymous

SHAXOS: Good luck with it all!

Thanks. I hope I don't need it.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts