Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I want to get this but with the LPs coming out shortly for about £40 which is a lot of money compared to the CD @£7.99

The CD has a average-below average DR of 10....... can anybody confirm how the CD sounds as for £7.99 it may be worth a punt?

I really want the vinyl but not sure if its worth it over the CD!

ReValveiT

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I got the Blu-Ray / CDs for Chrimbo.

Thankfully, the audio hasn't seen the usual 'squeeze it to death' mastering of just about all modern CDs. Sounds good.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
stevebrock said:
I want to get this but with the LPs coming out shortly for about £40 which is a lot of money compared to the CD @£7.99

The CD has a average-below average DR of 10....... can anybody confirm how the CD sounds as for £7.99 it may be worth a punt?

I really want the vinyl but not sure if its worth it over the CD!
My son bought me the box set 2 cds 1x dvd and the blue ray audio the cds are very good Ive not watshed dvd or listened to blue ray but the cds are worth it Just turn it up and enjoy :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout:

jjbomber

CD sounds fine, not sure what all the fuss is about with Page's playing. There are the odd couple of twangs on ther that wouldn't be on a studio version, but then this is a live album and should sound like one. Similarl, you can't have Jones on bass and keys at thesame tim; only Geddy Lee does that! Give it an £8 punt, as you can easily get most ofit back on bat afterwards when you buy tvinyl.

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
You gotta be kidding me jj. This is a great product, if you like Zep, get it. I have the collectors edition, watched bluray twice allready, cd's in car, sing along on way to work, apple lossless at home.

The Song Remains the Same, as always, just Briiliant, Buy it!

jjbomber

woodster said:
You gotta be kidding me jj. This is a great product, if you like Zep,

I have 600 Led Zeppelin live CDs, so that suggests I like them :rockout:

I was suggesting he does buy it, then sells it on ebay as he will definately replace it with the vinyl version. Not sure what you are on your high horse about???

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
i wasnt questioning the quality of the music but merely if the CD sounds compressed - i want the Album but unsure which format to get -

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Odd, innit? Been reading several posts on another forum, not the Naim forum, most of whom say that the CDs sound poor, and prefer the Bluray sound. I've been holding off buying for that reason, but am heading off to order it now, CD & Bluray.

I recorded the BBC broadcast, and it sounded ok to me, will have to compare later on. There was also mention of a future 24/96 download, but unsure if it was legpull?

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
jjbomber said:
woodster said:
You gotta be kidding me jj. This is a great product, if you like Zep,

I have 600 Led Zeppelin live CDs, so that suggests I like them :rockout:

I was suggesting he does buy it, then sells it on ebay as he will definately replace it with the vinyl version. Not sure what you are on your high horse about???

I dont like horses, let alone a high one!

You cant be concerned about sound quality then with 600 live recordings!

Nice willy waving piece though!

jjbomber

GeoffreyW said:
Odd, innit? Been reading several posts on another forum, not the Naim forum, most of whom say that the CDs sound poor, and prefer the Bluray sound. I've been holding off buying for that reason, but am heading off to order it now, CD & Bluray.

I recorded the BBC broadcast, and it sounded ok to me, will have to compare later on. There was also mention of a future 24/96 download, but unsure if it was legpull?

There was an interview in Connections magazine a while ago with the boss of Naim record label. He said that 24/96 could only be reached in a studio environment and not on a live album from a mixer desk. So I would ignore those who think they can hear things that they can't. Just remember to listen to the music and not the hi-fi! Enjoy.

ReValveiT

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
jjbomber said:
GeoffreyW said:

There was an interview in Connections magazine a while ago with the boss of Naim record label. He said that 24/96 could only be reached in a studio environment and not on a live album from a mixer desk.

Then the 'boss of Naim record label' was talkin' horse. Really horse.

k77stan

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
i was one of the 10000 'chosen' ones 5 years ago given the right to purchase 2 tickets at £129 each...the number of people who tried their luck was 20 mln...pheeeew.couldve sold the spare ticket for about a grand but gave it to my mate who plays led zeps covers for a living...blinding gig that was..watched it on the beeb a month ago,but the vibe was not there as the real thing...yes,i've been blessed ;)

jjbomber

BigH said:
I'm still upset I could not go the Earls Court concerts :exmark:

The 24th and 25th are out on DVD if you know where to look. The soundboard audio recordings are dubbed on, so it's pretty good. The 25th was Zep's longest ever show, though Seattle sometimes claims it.

TRENDING THREADS