LED Model Number

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi, recently purchased a Samsung D5520 and What HiFi and my own personal preference and a cracking TV it is indeed.

The query I have is everywhere it is stated a 40D5520 but when I check the settings and in the TV model name it says its a D5500.

I rang Samsung and the their response was they are the same TV apart from the colour is slightly changed and the stand is slightly different design on each but the software is the same on each TV hence on mine its states D5500

Thought I would share this and to ask if anyone else has come across this before.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Did you buy it from Comet or Currys? They frequently stock TVs with cosmetic differences and slightly different model numbers. I think it helps them to avoid price-matching requests.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Samsung, more than any other TV manufacturer, is well known for making multiple different versions of its models with slight variations in numbers/design. Some are made for specific retailers, some for specific countries. If you're happy with your TV, I wouldn't worry about it as the differences (if any) are probably slight.

A

Anonymous

Mine's the 46'er but in Menu/Support it says the same as yours ie UE46D5500. I think it just means generically it's the 55 series.

Purchased from John Lewis as price was OK and they did a 5 year warranty. Lovely telly.

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks for the informed feedback and as it suggests they are others out thier with the same issue

I am indeed happy with the TV and it has been clarified fthat I have bought the specific TV I was looking for. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts