LCD TV Price Changes

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
We all know that electronics products reduce in price as the latest models come out but does anyone have any information on how quickly do they drop ? I'm considering buying a Sony 40W5500 LCD TV but the model is not "new". The best price I can find is £650 (delivered). The latest equivalent TV from Sony is the 40Z5500 (200Hz rather than 100Hz and with additional colour enhancement tech) but this is almost double the price. How long do you think it will be before the "Z" hits £650 ?

By the way, if you think I'm making a mistake and should be buying my other favourite (Panasonic TX-P42G10 Plasma) then let me know !

Thanks

A

Anonymous

the z will never hit £650 , the first z , z4500 , is still on sale , alongside the z5500 , and i think its around a grand ..

£650 delivered for a w5500 is a great price in my opinion , the g10 is great , at least i think so , but only you can decide ...

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
You should try to audition these different televisions side by side, if you can find a retailer who will allow you this kind of access. Beware of the dreaded backlight issues with the Sony model, though; and speak to whoever you buy this from (if that's the tv you go for) to ensure they will refund or exchange if you experience problems with backlight bleed. The G10 is an excellent choice, by the way, in my humble opinion...

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

My limited understanding of the Sony suffix is that these TV's are of similar age (both being 5500) - the W being lower down the range than the Z. This is reflected in the price difference and extra features on the Z set.

Personally I'd go for a Panasonic plasma.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Trust your own eyes and buy the one YOU like best. After all, it is you who are going to have to live with it.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
......but make sure you view them in a place which replicates your home experience as closely as you can. IMHO it is IMPOSSIBLE to make any kind of valid judgement by looking at a bank of screens in a large store, with its dodgy sources and stark lighting.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts