Latest itunes upgrade/disaster

GJ

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
I downloaded the latest itunes upgrade this morning and it has wiped my library and very strangely my backed up files.

Has anyone had the same problems and been able to recover previous files as i really dont want to have to re rip all the cds again.

GJ

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
on the nas drive which automatically backs up my files but there is no sign of them at all.

My McAfee antivirus updated just before and asked to delete some itunes files but shouldn't have taken away anything significant.

The best part is that its my wifes account in lossless thats been wiped my account, normal acc files that i stream via the ps3, hasn't been updated, and is still there!

The american apple forums are reporting this problem and i have taken the recommended steps to reinstall and use my previous libraries but all previous records have been wiped!

Looks like i will just have to burn again in lossless form

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
This is why an automatic backup can be a dangerous thing to have - if it's backing up all changes as they happen, it means when mistakes happen, it can be hard / impossible to back them out.

John Duncan

Steady. Google "undelete utility" and see if there's anything free that will look at your drive and recover any accidentally deleted files. Files aren't deleted (generalising), they're just removed from the index - they only end up being unrecoverable if the sectors where they're stored are subsequently overwritten.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts