Last Fm with Denon / marantz players

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing the same pain as myself in regards to operating LAST FM on their Denon or Marantz.

I have the M-CR603 and an AVR3311 Denon AV receiver - both of which always say "This service is not available in your country" every time I try to use my Last FM premium account on either machine. In the last two years that I have owned the AV receiver I got it to sign into my last FM only twice. On the M-CR603 its never once signed into the service.

I called and got a decent enough chap "tony" at "D&M" UK. (they own Denon and marantz). He explained originally a few months ago that Denon thought the issue was with LAST FM, but having spoken to LAST FM - LAST FM denied that they have any issues.

Mysteriously though at the start of the month there was a firmware update for my AVR3311, so as usual i checked the Denon changelog on their website at http://firmware.denon-online.eu/ which states

changelog of AVR3311

10.08.2012 , Main: 01.12
No access to last.fm service.

Why if Denon did not accept liability for the Last Fm problem, would they try and create a fix on this particular AV receiver for "no access to Last FM". Surely this just means that they recognise the failure on their end.

So I called the Denon guy back again only this time his response a little different after I told him that I knew that Denon were perhaps at fault and I questioned the reason for trying to fix a problem that they previously denied was their fault. He went away and then called me back. This time he came back and detailed that actually the UK team don't know exactly the reason as to why the approach has changed to now looking for a solution from Denon's side - he assumed it was perhaps because of a lack of co-operation from LastFm but couldn't say concisely. They are trying to find out more

Is anyone else having this issue - in some sense I'd like to aggregate as many contacts about Last FM as I can just to show Denon that I am not alone in this, I can't be the only person with these issues!!

Please help!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
If you have an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch or Android device, then you can download the Last FM app and use it via AirPlay.

I know it's not a solution to playing it 'natively' from your receiver & M-CR603, but I use iTunes, BBC iPlayer and TuneIn Radio Pro via my iPhone/AirPlay and the quality is superb. (I believe a few others here use Spotify Premium from smart phones & tablets with AirPlay.) So I don't see why this shouldn't work well for Last FM hosted on an iPhone.

If you don't have an iPhone/tablet/smartphone then please ignore all that.

A

Anonymous

Hey Man,

Yep- I hear ya!

Thats what I have been doing up until now as a get around - we have an ipads and 2 iPhones - but it means that when I have the iPad out of the house or if my wife and I have each of our iPhones with us - that the kids can't listen to Last FM - and they love last FM - it kind of educates them musically.

the denon guy was friendly enough and I could hear that he was genuinely trying to help - but I get the impression that his hands are tied - thats why I am trying to get as much information as possible for the dude - (actually I kind of feel guilty for starting to give him a verbal throttling on the phone - before I calmed down a bit)

Simply put, the feature is supposed to be on the unit - and yes you are correct there is an Airplay work around (which is better admittedly) but none the less the feature is supposed to work on both my units.

thanks for your input though - I love this place - but i am usually a reader not a talker, which is why I'd not registered before now.

JZC

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Not sure if this is the same problem you are experiencing but I've recently bought a Marantz NA7004 Network Media Player and am unable to access Last.FM on it. It displays the message 'Subscription required' when I enter my username and password. The User Manual indicates that I need to be a 'paid Last.FM subscriber to listen to this' but living in the UK I should not need to pay to subscribe, it may be that it's not accepting may login details though. I have tried to create a new Last.FM account using the Marantz player but after trying several usernames it just displays 'Try another username'.

I'm trying to search fo a possible solution on the Internet and your post was one of the first that Google found.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts