Lara Croft Tomb Raider Blu-ray - sound issues

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Just a quick word of warning for any of you considering buying the Blu-ray of Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, out this week - the box may carry Dolby True HD and DTS-ES logos, but the movie offers neither: merely standard (though high bit-rate) DTS and plain old Dolby Digital.

The picture transfer's a little soft, too (though better than DVD).

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'll stick with my HD-DVD then
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Mmmmmmm Lara Croft (she's real you know). I wasnt aware the film had sound in it
emotion-1.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
And with a shirtless Daniel Craig, too - not to mention a gorgeous Clearaudio Master Reference turntable - there's something for everyone (unless you value coherent narrative/decent plot/plausible CGI, obviously)
emotion-2.gif

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I saw this when it was on the TV. A truly terrible film. Raiders of the Lost Ark with out any wit, intelligence or excitment.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
hammill:I saw this when it was on the TV. A truly terrible film. Raiders of the Lost Ark with out any wit, intelligence or excitment.

..... But it has Angelina Jolie, so it all balances out.
emotion-5.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
hammill:I saw this when it was on the TV. A truly terrible film. Raiders of the Lost Ark with out any wit, intelligence or excitment.It's a masterpiece compared to the likes of Transporter 2, D.O.A., The Invasion, and of course, Tomb Raider 2
emotion-1.gif

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:hammill:I saw this when it was on the TV. A truly terrible film. Raiders of the Lost Ark with out any wit, intelligence or excitment.It's a masterpiece compared to the likes of Transporter 2, D.O.A., The Invasion, and of course, Tomb Raider 2
emotion-1.gif
I have not seen any of those films. I now know to avoid them like the plague. I would like to take this opportunity to point out that I would rather watch all of the above, back to back, than any film featuring Jim Carrey

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
hammill:I have not seen any of those films. I now know to avoid them like the plague. I would like to take this opportunity to point out that I would rather watch all of the above, back to back, than any film featuring Jim Carrey Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind? Man on The Moon? You're missing out there!!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I was going to mention Truman Show, but I can see why some might not agree - however, his peformances in Eternal Sunshine and Man On The Moon can't be argued with - strong, serious roles.

A

Anonymous

Dumb And Dumber now that's a classic comedy up there with The Jerk, Airplane, Young Frankenstein and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. The Mask had great special effects and sound for it's time.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
NSYGrinner:Dumb And Dumber now that's a classic comedy up there with The Jerk, Airplane, Young Frankenstein and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. The Mask had great special effects and sound for it's time.I have seen "The Mask". Terrible film. Not as bad as "Ace Ventura Pet Detective" but then nothing is. The reviews of the Jerk suggest I would hate that too. National Lampoons simply not funny. I quite like Airplane though.

A

Anonymous

hammill:NSYGrinner:Dumb And Dumber now that's a classic comedy up there with The Jerk, Airplane, Young Frankenstein and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. The Mask had great special effects and sound for it's time.I have seen "The Mask". Terrible film. Not as bad as "Ace Ventura Pet Detective" but then nothing is. The reviews of the Jerk suggest I would hate that too. National Lampoons simply not funny. I quite like Airplane though.

Best avoid Jay and Silent Bob then.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts