Lady friendly one stop shop needed

oxrob

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking for a one-stop-shop Hi-Fi system to go on the window sill in our kitchen diner. The girlfriend is very style concious and so I want something that will look good as well as sound good, preferrably for not much money...

If this http://whathifi.com/Review/Lars-and-Ivan-BK-21/ was still available that would win.

Additional music will be coming from an as yet unpurchased MP3 player (will definately NOT be anything from Apple) so 3.5mm input or USB input appreciated. I would've liked something like http://whathifi.com/Review/Arcam-Solo-Mini/ but the sill is only 15 or so cm deep. The ability to have DAB radio or CDs would be good, but happy to go for amp+speaker set up and add inputs over time.

Something like an iPod docking station, but as nothing from Apple is allowed to be plugged into anything in my house then it will have to be something similar.

So yeah, something pretty & compact. I'm struggling to find something...

Thanks for your help

Rob

oxrob

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
There is a note in user reviews section on the What Hi-Fi review quoting an email from L&I...

However there are no notes on the original link you posted with just the amp to say it is out of stock... So maybe they've changed their mind!

Thanks for the links!

Rob

A

Anonymous

Can recommend the L&I BK21 if you can get hold of it. Got mine a few months back from a local shop(they just happened to have one). Great sound - ideally needs a subwoofer but not essential and that's not to say the bass isn't good as it is. Very well built as well. My girlfriend is very style conscious and she loved them when she saw them connected to my laptop - to the point where she is no longer hinting and now just saying that if I loved her I'd give them to her!

Alternatives are of course the Klipsch docks, Bose Soundock, FatMan Carbon, B&W Zeppelin and Meridian F80 in order of cost.

oxrob

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Jarnesque.

I''ve just phoned L&I and they've confirmed the PA-21 is no longer being made. All the other ones you've listed are iPod docks except the Meridian but there is no way I can afford that price!!

So will have to scour the internet to see if I can find a PA-21 anywhere!

Rob

A

Anonymous

Yes, sorry missed the points about 'nothing Apple' and low cost! L&I need their heads examining - classy product with 5* reviews that's also affordable and . . . they stop making it (Er, HELLO!). I did have a quick look on ebay but could only find the BoBo speakers. I'm assuming L&I won't still sell the speakers and one of their amps to you separately??

A second hand Bose Wave CD/Radio might be a possibility if again you can locate one. Not that I'm selling mine but they are pretty good, play CDs, accept an MP3 input and with the new style launched a couple of years back the old ones might be around (though quick look on ebay gave 0 returns!).

Other possibilities are the Goodmans as the other OP has said and the Pure Digital DMX-20 http://www.pure.com/products/product.asp?Product=VL-60800&Category=

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts