Lack of gapless on Synology DS212j

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
It is really bugging me now, I have lot of albums that it is affecting!

Thinking of binning of my NAS and buying a used MacMini soley for my Hifi - I know the optical output from a Mac into my DAC sounds very good - wish I could say the same for ATV3, I tried one to stream to from my MBP but I thought the SQ was inferior, much better via optical.

Are Synology planning on sorting this issue out? I think they are way behind in tems of this.

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
With your set I would suggest you just buy a (second-hand) Squeezebox and hook it up with your DAC. Excellent, gapless playback. And if you manage you can get a Squeezebox Touch than you have high res too. My Squeezebox was one of my best purchases, and second hand you can get them relatively cheap.

(At least cheaper than an Elicit R :D)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
stevebrock said:
It is really bugging me now, I have lot of albums that it is affecting!

Thinking of binning of my NAS and buying a used MacMini soley for my Hifi - I know the optical output from a Mac into my DAC sounds very good - wish I could say the same for ATV3, I tried one to stream to from my MBP but I thought the SQ was inferior, much better via optical.

Are Synology planning on sorting this issue out? I think they are way behind in tems of this.

It's not as uncommon as you might imagine, I believe the DLNA standard doesn't actually include gapless playback, so if you implement it exactly as written you won't have gapless.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts