LaCinema Classic HD & file formats

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Simple question: Does the above play MKV files with chapters? Reason I ask is that a rival review site says it does not but that is the only place that says so. thanks guys and gals

A

Anonymous

as Matroska is a container format that can hold virtually anthing, playback compatability will depend upon the type of files it contains

As such ur question is too general.

A

Anonymous

This is exactly how it is quoted on the review site: "MKV videos with chapters aren't played at all"
There is no mention of file type.

For what it is worth my MKV files are H.264 codec.

Trying to choose a media player is doing my head in. I thought I had settled on the Lacinema until I come across the above review. Now, I don't know what to do.

A

Anonymous

mkvs with chapters play fine, as do m2ts, although YOU cant select them !

the chapter select does not work well. visually FFing thru a film until you find the spot you need and pressing play results in a jump back or forward to the 'invisible' chapter marker. very annoying. Pressing >>l will skip 10mins forward or back when FF is active but again .if you overrun the chapter marker it will jump back to it(or forward)

WDTV Live (although with no internal storage) is far superior and user friendly.

file managment being one of the best options (copy/paste between usb storage)

incredibly easy network share access

ability to rollback firmware when it doesnt work properly!!!!!! (Lacie cannot grrrrrrrr)

NAS capability

Component output as well as hdmi...........so truely 'take anywhere' compatability

subtitles can be set to OFF by default (have to be turned off manually EVERY film start or stop/resume on the LAcie grrr)

No difference in viewable output IMO

neither bitstream any HD soundtracks(despite what any review would say)

Western digital have a very good user forum as well as official support.

Lacie have very poor english speaking support that seem to just send preset replies to everything.

Repairs need to go to france at your cost!

wouldnt recommend the lacie at all

i have both

lacie is simpler for wife and 3 year old to use (remote has better lay out and UI is simpler)

but WD is a far more powerful, adaptable and supported option

hope that helps

J

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that.

I have decided against the Lacie and I think I am going for the Popcorn Hour C-200.

Any thoughts on that?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Strodo:Thanks for that.

I have decided against the Lacie and I think I am going for the Popcorn Hour C-200.

Any thoughts on that?

I have the A-200, I didn't need a DVD player so no need for the C-200. It's great - plays everything. I've even reboxed mine in an aluminium case bought from the French PCH website.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts