Kuro LX5090 crackling sound

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys I hope you are all well.

Just had my TV on playing some PS3. I heard some crackling like an arching sound. Nothing visible on the picture and there are no speakers on the TV. It's deffinitely not my sound system and no cables are loose in my set up. I haven't had a chance to look through the vent holes in the top to see if I can find the culprit as I'm reluctant to turn it back on. I have turned it on and off a couple of times but if I leave it on too long I'm expecting to hear a bang.

Any ideas guys? Aside from getting it looked at.

GP

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Ah thanks mate. It's nice to be missed.

I...well my wife found a great thread from another forum where other people have had the same issue, even with the KPR 500 series. It doesn't seem to be fatel and one guy posted a possible fix too. It involves accessing the service menues. I've got a mate who should be able to do that for me.

When I first heard the sound I just wanted to get the TV off to try and minimise any possible damage. I have messaged Pioneer on FB and though I know the support will not be as good as it would be a few years ago, I'm going to wait and see if they get back to me before investegating any further.

I'll keep you posted.

GP

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Welcome back Glacialpath. About a week ago I heard a strange noise, a bit like a moderately soft bang, from my LX5090, I think it was when I switched it on. I've not heard a recurrence since, but you never know ...

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi Son-of_SJ and thanks.

Pretty sure there has been no bang and I hope there won't be. I'm still able to watch it but you can hear the crackle in the background.

http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34487

For anyone else who comes across this I found this forum thread. I'm hoping to have a mate come round and change the settings as suggested by the guy in post 14 from that forum.

My mate thinks it wn't cure the problem just reduce the noise so it can't be heard. He thinks it might be parts of the screen giving up.

I might have to start looking at new TVs in case it dies on me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts