KRK Rokit 8 G3

sam_291

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

my friend keeps going on about these speakers, so I had a look and I'm interested in what you all think.

i noticed they're active, monitor speakers and I was wondering how they would compare to my system, a marantz pm6005 and ma bx2s

abacus

They are excellent speakers, however they are near field studio monitors and probably will not be ideal in a normal Hi Fi listening position.

In addition being Studio Monitors they are designed to give an accurate representation of the recording process, whereas most Hi Fi speakers tend to flatter the sound somewhat. (If its a bad recording you will know about it)

Pop down to your local professional music store (Not HI Fi dealer) and you should be able to hear them along with many others.

Remember you will also need a power point available near each speaker, a pre-amp out on your amplifier and some connection leads.

Hope this helps

Bill

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
These are a bit 'american' for my taste, slightly aggresive, lacking a little refinement but immensly powerful and punchy.

Personally, at a similar level, I prefer the Yamaha HS8 and the Presonus Eris 8 but it depends somewhat on what you are looking for in a system. A bit of a culture shock, but do try and get to hear some of these models.

Don't worry about this 'near field' nonsense, these are quite big speakers and will sound fine at normal hi-fi listening distances.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I own a pair of the Rokit 10-3, the largest in the range I believe althought I've not heard the ones you refer to. The ones I've got deliver a big sound, are a lot of fun an excel with electronic music. They're not the last work in refinment though and I wonder how the smaller 2 way versions in the range excel given they're not going to do the bass of the 10-3.

For the money I'd recommend the 10-3 if you like electro music, like to bang it out and want a speaker that can double up as a party speaker but these are not speakers I'm going to live with long term neither would I recommend the smaller ones based on my assumptions having owned these ones.

Laurens_B

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Friend of mine owns the previous versions, before the "G" I think, just the normal RP8. I think they are stunning for the price, pretty big bookshelf speakers though. Though I am used to floorstanders, I think those RP8s give plenty of bass, and very good clarity. I've not yet heard anything at that price point that performs better, or even close. For me the only turn-off are the looks.

As Abacus mentioned, they are really "neutral" sounding. Personally I really like this, but some people might miss the excitement that some hifi speakers provide. I haven't heard your amp/speakers so can't comment on how they compare.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts