Krell processor, sky remote code?

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Having lost the credit card sized remote for my Krell Showcase processor for the umpteenth time, my wife asked why she couldn't control the volume from the Sky remote. A good question.

Sky's remotes are programmable for a variety of TV makes - but you need the right setup code for the make of TV you are using. I tried searching the web for a Krell code without success, and then tried a few of the setup codes of the more common makes and got nowhere. Sometimes you can be lucky, particularly if manufacturers use the same chipset. The Sony control codes are widely used by other manufacturers.

All I want is the volume control to work - has anyone had any luck getting a sky remote (version 9) to work with a Krell?

Thanks.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi andyjm

First reply to a post since they changed the layout so hope this works.

I think you have already answered your question in the previous paragraph, the volume control on a sky remote is for use with tv's only and cannot be used with amps like your krell.

A quick search of amazon.com shows this item as a possible sollution to your problem of losing the remote, link as follows ( again hope this works ).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts