Kitchen tv with freeview plus wall mountable - HELP ?

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello to all,

I am in a bit of a dilema - need a tv for the kitchen and space is at a premium.

I have seen a cracking deal on my ideal choice - Panasonic tx l24e3b - but for fear of upsetting her indoors I think I need to go smaller. Although I am tempted, so might just go and do it ? Not quite decided yet.

I have looked at the tvs in Richer Sounds - 2 x small Samsungs are ok and cheap but cannot be wall mounted. They also have a good looking Sony but this is still 22".

My question is this - are any of the 19" tv's worth buying and if so what is the pick of the bunch ? Remember I need freeview, preferably HD but that might be asking too much ?

Does such a tv exist ?

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Big Chris said:
Go for the Panny. Size does matter. :)

I do agree Chris - and its a cracking small tv but shes only just getting over my newly purchased bargain (£629 with 5yr warranty) 42" GT30.

Have gone from 32 to 42 in the front room - this might be a step too far for her. Although she cracked the other day and actually admitted she liked it.

No jokes here please, alot of potential inuendo here but can anyone else comment ?

The more I think about it the more I think I might persuade her to go for a 24".

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I started with a 32" in the lounge, then 42", then 40", then 50". Each time I went up in size my wife voiced her displeasure, before conceding that she liked the increased size, and how did we manage with such small tvs.

Most recently she has said I can get a 60" tv next if I want, but even I think that's over the top for our lounge.

My point is, they soon adjust to the size, so get as big as you think you can get away with.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
simonlewis said:

Ummm,

Thanks for the link. Dont know much about this brand - doesnt exactly inspire confidence at first impression. It is cheap though.

My problem is that I am a bit of a brand snob and indeed tend to buy the best. However, I am always open to options. Anyone know anything else about Digiform? Certainly ticks all the boxes but if the picture sucks i may go down the "you pays for what you gets route".

Thanks for the input though.

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I have a 19" Samsung in the bedroom, bought it a few years ago though. The stand that comes with it pivots 90 degrees backwards, and becomes the wall mount. Quite a neat solution. Not sure if they still make a similar model, but its worth a look as it saves you a few quid on buying a wall mount.

satycool

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Do be aware of viewing angle esp for LED/LCD displays - the more you are away from a straight front eye level view, the more fade the picture becomes, this is more apparant on smaller screens! If tv is kept higher or lower or wider then facing front eye level I suggest experiencing the TV in a shop first. I too am looking for a small tv but for the bedroom and won't be at eye level.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts