kht3005se port bungs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,i have recently bought a set of the kef kht3005se speakers,my question is does anybody know what the picture in the instructions is trying to say about the port bungs,should they be in or out? Not had a chance to do a comparison yet,just wondered what the difference would be and how you have yours?

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
The port bungs should be in if you are placing the speakers very close to a wall or wall-mounting, especially if the speakers have a rear ported bass reflex. It's basically to dampen the bass so you don't get booming. If you're using them with a sub, you can set the crossover higher on the satellites so that the sub takes over more of the load so you won't lose bass from the overall sound.

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Having just read this, I have removed my port bungs on my 3005SE satellites.

They are all on the Kef tall stands and (at the moment anyway) I think the extra bass from the satellites gives my setup a more rounded sound.

The instructions with the speakers is very poor and does not explain what the bungs are for, or when to remove them at all.

A

Anonymous

I agree the instructions are poor.

I am just in the midst of wall mounting my Kef's and am now stuck on what to do, considering the post above suggests they should stay in if wall mounted, at the risk of losing some bass effect.

A

Anonymous

I have got round to doing a comparison test now and in my opinion they sound better with the bungs out,they are wall mounted and i'm not getting any booming,they just sound more beefy than before,the room is quite wide though so maybe in a more enclosed space it would be a different story?A case of suck it and see!

TRENDING THREADS