Ken Ishiwata, legendary hi-fi figure, dies aged 72

gaz2867

Dec 3, 2019
Visit site
Very very sad news I still own a Marantz 63 OSE
it has stopped reading discs so needs attention it’s built like a truck bomb proof in fact but so good I am definitely going to get it seen to.
if I can find someone reliable.
thank you Ken for years of amazing Sound.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
I had read many reviews of Marantz gear over the years, and always wanted a K.I setup. I’ve got as near as damn it to the best K.I kit I could afford.
I genuinely wish I had bought Marantz gear a long long time ago, such has been my happiness with the products I have bought.
The audio world has lost a true legend.

thank you Ken, for everything.

D

Deleted member 108165

Sad news indeed, we've lost a legend in the hi-fi industry. Marantz every time for me. Here's to you Ken :beercheers: RIP sir.

DRJOHNDANIELS

Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
Ishiwata, who was brand ambassador for Marantz, was a tireless champion for high-fidelity sound.

Ken Ishiwata, legendary hi-fi figure, dies aged 72 : Read more

An excellent testimony to one of the great gentlemen of the industry. I had met him at a number of hi fi shows. He combined prodigious knowledge with refined dignity and yes, he had a degree of sartorial flair. He did indeed design some outstanding high end products as well as more affordable options. He will be missed by many.

Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
Reading this whilst listening full blast to an HD CD1 and HD AMP 1 set up - long enjoyed the quality and passion of Marantz gear - admit to not knowing too much about Mr Ishiwata until now but now reading these and other articles he was indeed an inspiration gentleman.

Dalesman

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
The Industry has lost a Legend, Marantz gear stirs my soul and brings joy every single time I've switched it on. I'll always cherish the KI Pearls cause I know the Master created it with passion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts