• We’re excited to be up and running and seeing visitors old and new! For those returning, reset your password and you’re good to go! For new members, introduce yourself here. You can also be in with a chance to win a set of Fyne Audio Speakers and try to become a part of our Ultimate Audiophile Playlist here!

Ken Ishiwata, legendary hi-fi figure, dies aged 72

gaz2867

Dec 3, 2019
Very very sad news I still own a Marantz 63 OSE
it has stopped reading discs so needs attention it’s built like a truck bomb proof in fact but so good I am definitely going to get it seen to.
if I can find someone reliable.
thank you Ken for years of amazing Sound.

bigfish786

Jan 29, 2013
I had read many reviews of Marantz gear over the years, and always wanted a K.I setup. I’ve got as near as damn it to the best K.I kit I could afford.
I genuinely wish I had bought Marantz gear a long long time ago, such has been my happiness with the products I have bought.
The audio world has lost a true legend.

thank you Ken, for everything.

DougK

Dec 8, 2013
Sad news indeed, we've lost a legend in the hi-fi industry. Marantz every time for me. Here's to you Ken :beercheers: RIP sir.

Gray

Nov 27, 2015
Had the PM66 KI amp, still got the CD6000 OSE KI both very nice.

Once got to shake the hand of KI to show my appreciation.

His legacies live on. R.I.P. KI

DRJOHNDANIELS

Dec 4, 2019
Ishiwata, who was brand ambassador for Marantz, was a tireless champion for high-fidelity sound.

Ken Ishiwata, legendary hi-fi figure, dies aged 72 : Read more
An excellent testimony to one of the great gentlemen of the industry. I had met him at a number of hi fi shows. He combined prodigious knowledge with refined dignity and yes, he had a degree of sartorial flair. He did indeed design some outstanding high end products as well as more affordable options. He will be missed by many.

Reactions: DougK and Al ears
Dec 4, 2019
Reading this whilst listening full blast to an HD CD1 and HD AMP 1 set up - long enjoyed the quality and passion of Marantz gear - admit to not knowing too much about Mr Ishiwata until now but now reading these and other articles he was indeed an inspiration gentleman.

Dalesman

Oct 24, 2009
The Industry has lost a Legend, Marantz gear stirs my soul and brings joy every single time I've switched it on. I'll always cherish the KI Pearls cause I know the Master created it with passion.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts