KEF3005SE KEF 5005.2 Monitor Audio R90 AV-12 and the Bowers & Wilkins MT-30

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm trying to do a budget for a HES and I am currently looking at speakers. I have done some quite extensive research and have narrowed my options down to four: KEF3005SE KEF 5005.2 Monitor Audio R90 AV-12 and the Bowers & Wilkins MT-30's. However, the missus is not keen on the shape and size of the MA's so they may have to be overlooked. If I take it that the B&W's sound is the best and my first choice, but struggle to fit them into my budget, what pro's can will I find in the 5 series KEF's over the 3 series, since the 3's have just had a technical 'spring clean'?

A

Anonymous

Don't know but the KEF KHT3005.1 is just £599 at Superfi at the moment. That can't be bad.

A

Anonymous

You might as well be telling me you've found some Aiwa stereo speakers down Woolworths for £25.

A

Anonymous

Errr, hardly - the 3005.1 is still a great set up.

My good lady initially didn't like the R90 AV-12 but the gloss really grew on her after a week & she is now very happy vs the other speakers you mention (we must have had the same budget & short-list!)

I'm over the moon with the speakers so far, although not doing them true justice with my Yamaha RX-V520 - a great amp at its time but I am sure I can do better.......well maybe not without her noticing!

Matt

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts