kef SP3552BB 2.4Ghz Wireless Speaker System.

Slang5571

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, I have a question with regards to the Kef wireless system, the other night I was looking on Amazon and I come across the above wireless system, so I thought what a great way to get shot of the unsightly cables trailing down my wall. My question is this system any good. Has anyone had any experience with this system ? It's retailing on Amazon for £400.

BrianU

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I have had one of these systems for around 4 years now running a pair of KEF Q5 floor-standing speakers and performance and ease of use is excellent. The transmitter and receivers need to be powered up before switching on the amp so that a normal speaker load is pesented, and if the amp has a delay on power-up before connecting the speaker outputs there is a slight hum. That dissipates however and is far outweighed by the wireless capability and convenience. It is true that transmitter and receivers need mains power but the receivers can be sited next to or even on top of the speakers therefore allowing very short speaker cable runs.

I believe that this universal wireless system has now been discontinued by KEF, probably due to the growing availability of wireless speaker systems, but as a means of transferring wireless capability to existing speakers the system is perfect. I imagine that the system will be difficult to find now unless any dealers are carrying new old stock.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts